grim22

Weekend #s: Neeson 40.4M, Selma 11.2, ITW 9.75, Hobbit 9.4, Unbroken 8.3. All #s pg 15. Happy now Kayu?

Do you think Exodus can make it to $280 million and not be considered a bomb?

I hope it makes it to 280, but its not locked to get there. I wouldn't call it a bomb of it made it, just a big disappointment considering its huge budget and the fact that (I think) it wasn't a bad movie.

He can't go to prison. He was shot and killed by a fellow soldier with PTSD a few years ago at a gun range.

Shows how much attention I pay to these things. Glad he's dead, seems like he was a complete psycho.

He was so 'intelligent' to invite a severly PTSD suffering veteran on a shooting place. Sadly someone else (no idea who that was) for shot too.

You never ever put someone with PTSD armed in a situation known for the possibility of triggering flashbacks.

• Like 2

Rough for Selma.  Sad that something like Ride Along will make twice as much as Selma.  One could try to compare it to a Transformers sequel beating out a bunch of movies starring White guys, but it isn't the same thing.  A Transformers sequel gets crushed at the box office by The Dark Knight.  Ride Along gets crushed by...maybe Ride Along 2?  

He was so 'intelligent' to invite a severly PTSD suffering veteran on a shooting place. Sadly someone else (no idea who that was) for shot too.

You never ever put someone with PTSD armed in a situation known for the possibility of triggering flashbacks.

I don't know a lot about PTSD (my knowledge of it basically comes from a couple of fictional TV episodes) but arming someone with PTSD is a dumb thing to do.

Rough for Selma.  Sad that something like Ride Along will make twice as much as Selma.  One could try to compare it to a Transformers sequel beating out a bunch of movies starring White guys, but it isn't the same thing.  A Transformers sequel gets crushed at the box office by The Dark Knight.  Ride Along gets crushed by...maybe Ride Along 2?  

Great awards-bait films come out every year and they rarely make the sort of money that heavily marketed 'entertainment' movies make. This one's no different.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 2

Black Panther is coming. It will probably crush Ride Along, if that makes you happy.

About to see Foxcatcher. About 30 people so far with 17 minutes before the show.

I saw it today in theaters alone. I was the only person there :lol: It is a great movie, IMO.

We enter the cinema 30 minutes before the movie starts. Yes, we get 30 minutes of trailers and ads lol.

What I mean is, a film time here is the start of the adverts, not the start of the film - and by 17 minutes early, I thought he meant 17 mins before ads started. Maybe it works differently here, but in cinemas in the UK, you don't know when the movie will start. You might have 5 mins of trailers, you might have 25. And around here, they don't let you in until 5-10 mins before adverts.

• Like 1

What I mean is, a film time here is the start of the adverts, not the start of the film - and by 17 minutes early, I thought he meant 17 mins before ads started. Maybe it works differently here, but in cinemas in the UK, you don't know when the movie will start. You might have 5 mins of trailers, you might have 25. And around here, they don't let you in until 5-10 mins before adverts.

The film timings were one of the things that confused me when I moved to the US, in India the show timing is when the movie starts and trailers start 20 minutes before show time, but in the US the show timing is when the trailers start.

• Like 2

I did not get the feeling the movie was glorifying him at all, except for maybe the funeral at the end but eh not even that really!

Seemed like the usual fuss americans do when a soldier or cop etc dies in a tragic and /or unfortunate way 

War is an ugly business aint nobody comes out of that looking saintly no way no how !

if you're able to look at it from his pov and others who supported him or who may like this film , it was a me vs them situation , he wish he could have killed more because that meant saving the lives of more fellow american soldiers , its an ugly job but someone had to do it and he did !

Now of course once you bring morality into it , yes him liking to kill is despicable , you can say all kind of negative things about him and be right !

Sometimes i feel like americans in general have a strong sense of americanism if that makes any sense , very proud to be american very proud to serve their country  etc etc very patriotic , that is very strange for me , i don't get that same feeling from french people in general and my self , we seem to have more of a love-hate relationship with our country !

Anyhoo back to film its not a fav of mine but i didnt hate it at all , it was well directed and fairly thrilling at time but i don't see it making a splash oscar wise , maybe for best actor but ehh the rest ...

One thing for sure should they release the film in france i cannot wait to hear bradley cooper in interviews explain his character and his motivations in french , as you know that cutie pie speaks french really well

• Like 1

For Award what catches fire and what does not is hard to tell.

Who would have thought a film about King George Sixth's speech impediment would make 400 million WW :lol:

yes but you have to take into account it was well acted by none other but the oh so famous swoon-worthy dashing english gentleman Mr DARCY himself commonly known as colin firth  :wub:

• Like 3