baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

Basically I said that the list is in fun

These are just opinions.

I like a lot of the films on the list but I just don't understand the LOVE for them.

Some people need to lighten up.

I only blew up once so I feel fine :P

This has been one of the more fun threads I've done.  Not only did I have fun putting it together, I had fun reading all of your comments.  Even the ones that took this way too seriously (Alpha), you are guys are awesome.  I'd love to see someone else take a crack at the list.  Any takers?

BTW....this officially ends me liking every post in this thread.  It's now back to normal.

It's an art to what you did in this thread.  You have to first believe passionately in what you're stating. Then you have to be able to articulate it in a manner that may or may not be offensive but also humorous and gets the point across as well.

This was your baby.  . Whether I agree or disagree with any of it is beside the point. I enjoyed the content as well as the tone. Most comments were civil and it made for an overall pleasing experience on the forums.

Kudos.

• Like 3

If people can be brainwashed into liking certain films, they can also be brainwashed into disliking certain ones as well, right?

So, I'm looking forward to a "Top 25 films that have brainwashed people into disliking them" thread from you Baumer, and I think one or two of the Transformers movies will probably on that list.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

If people can be brainwashed into liking certain films, they can also be brainwashed into disliking certain ones as well, right?

So, I'm looking forward to a "Top 25 films that have brainwashed people into disliking them" thread from you Baumer, and I think one or two of the Transformers movies will probably on that list.

Except most people, believe it or not, actually like the Transformers films.

Transformers is, naturally, the first thing that comes to mind when you think about movies considered by everyone to be bad. I would probably put the first Transformers movie on there, as I think it's decent. The thing about the first one is that Bay doesn't reach too far, he doesn't try too many crazy ideas. But then it made a shit ton of money, I guess the producers let him have more creative control, and he went batshit crazy with them. It's long but doesn't actually drag on, unlike the other three (especially 4). The human drama is dealt with sensibly, and it even has a few tolerable jokes, unlike the racism and downright unfunniness of the others. The film has one of my favourite scenes ever (arrival to earth) too.

Other movies I would put on that sort of list:

Star Trek Into Darkness

The Dark Knight Rises

Indy 4

STAR WARS PREQUELS (DON'T HATE ME)

Pirates 4

and of course,

Battlefield Earth

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

The Exorcist has some really good scenes with the girl being possessed and being creepy as hell. Too bad you have to sit through a schlock of boring scenes after boring scenes to get to those good parts.

The last thirty minutes are spectacular though.

Transformers is, naturally, the first thing that comes to mind when you think about movies considered by everyone to be bad. I would probably put the first Transformers movie on there, as I think it's decent. The thing about the first one is that Bay doesn't reach too far, he doesn't try too many crazy ideas. But then it made a shit ton of money, I guess the producers let him have more creative control, and he went batshit crazy with them. It's long but doesn't actually drag on, unlike the other three (especially 4). The human drama is dealt with sensibly, and it even has a few tolerable jokes, unlike the racism and downright unfunniness of the others. The film has one of my favourite scenes ever (arrival to earth) too.

Other movies I would put on that sort of list:

Star Trek Into Darkness

The Dark Knight Rises

Indy 4

STAR WARS PREQUELS (DON'T HATE ME)

Pirates 4

and of course,

Battlefield Earth

Haven't seen Battlefield Earth, but those are all deservedly shitty movies. Even then, STID, TDKR, IJ4 and ROTS are lauded by their fans and loonies.

Pirates 4 and the first two SW prequels get trashed but none of them deserve a reprieve.

Pirates 2 gets a lot of hate but I love it.

• Like 1

I was joking about Battlefield Earth.

Into Darkness, Rises and Crystal Skull certainly do not get lauded even by their franchise's fans. Plenty of Star Trek fans hate the 09 remake, and all ST fans hate Into Darkness (which I happen to think is a superior film).

EVERYONE hates Indy 4. Nothing needs to be said about that.

And TDKR gets so much hate too, from all sorts of people, because it's not as good as TDK and therefore Nolan got lazy for the threequel, or something.

As for ROTS, I just mean the prequels in general. ROTS is better liked than the others but you might as well claim it's better liked than Hitler. It isn't saying very much.

Into Darkness, Rises and Crystal Skull certainly do not get lauded even by their franchise's fans. Plenty of Star Trek fans hate the 09 remake, and all ST fans hate Into Darkness (which I happen to think is a superior film).

And TDKR gets so much hate too, from all sorts of people, because it's not as good as TDK and therefore Nolan got lazy for the threequel, or something.

I don't think everyone hates Indy 4, just the vocal subset of internet fans that tend to flood forums. At worst, I think many are indifferent. Same is true with STID -- it's only the wonky diehards of the diehards that hate it.

• Like 7

I'd love to see someone else take a crack at the list.  Any takers?

Sure, why not?

I've been a member of this site since Avengers and its about time I did something to make folks here hate me :)

That's if nobody else has got there first...

• Like 1

Well, go for it boys and girls.  Start your own thread.  Then when all is said and done, maybe we'll have a nice collection of films that we think brainwashed people into liking lol.

• Like 1

As for ROTS, I just mean the prequels in general. ROTS is better liked than the others but you might as well claim it's better liked than Hitler. It isn't saying very much.

There is so much wrong with this post.

first of, not everyone hates KOTC, hence it did so well. Its just the hardcore fans are very loud.

2ndly, TDKR? seriously? it may get hate on the internet from time to time, even by me but amongst your average joe they still love that film. Probably have Bane to thank for that.

then finally, its blatantly obvious that the prequels are very much liked amongst the GA, you don't sell that many tickets if your films are hated.

Don't believe everything you here on the internet, its more often than not very far from the truth.

• Like 2

Well, go for it boys and girls.  Start your own thread.  Then when all is said and done, maybe we'll have a nice collection of films that we think brainwashed people into liking lol.

I may even get started this eveing then. (I have a list, just want to make sure I have a window to burn off a decent number at once and not reveal 25 films over the course of 25 years)

• Like 1