CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

I am sure the tears in your eyes after TDKR were because of that stunning Marion Cotillard death scene. And Gordon sending ALL the cops to the sewers. And JGL somehow always knowing that Bruce Wayne was Batman. And not a single person connecting the death of Batman to the disappearance of Bruce Wayne. And I could continue forever. You get my point :ph34r:

Seriously though, a lot of rich people died during Banes siege, why would Bruce Wayne dying be connected to Batman's death unless you know that Wayne is Batman.

• Like 1

Also, I love Jennifer Hudson and all, but it would've been much more effective, not to mention time-saving, to have her sing during the In Memorium montage.

Although I love the fact that the song she did sang came from Smash, the horrific NBC series that taught me to never trust an amazing pilot ever again.

Seriously though, a lot of rich people died during Banes siege, why would Bruce Wayne dying be connected to Batman's death unless you know that Wayne is Batman.

True, true. But the rest still stands  :ph34r:

I think they should have nominated more movies like Gone Girl, Interstellar, The Fault in Our Stars, and Into the Woods. Maybe not all of them, but more movies like that. I understand that to a movie like Boyhood, those movies are massive blockbusters. But, they're really not the biggest blockbusters of the year.

L.FUCKING.O.L 

tumblr_m3eo9wj1jz1qbaywxo1_400.gif

• Like 2

I am sure the tears in your eyes after TDKR were because of that stunning Marion Cotillard death scene. And Gordon sending ALL the cops to the sewers. And JGL somehow always knowing that Bruce Wayne was Batman. And not a single person connecting the death of Batman to the disappearance of Bruce Wayne. And I could continue forever. You get my point  :ph34r:

All was forgiven in those last 5 min. The cue for Rise that begins after Morgan Freeman realizes Wayne is alive...Gordon seeing the Bat Symbol, the JGL Batcave poetry...fuckin Chris Pine/Matt Damon tears

• Like 2

I think they should have nominated more movies like Gone Girl, Interstellar, The Fault in Our Stars, and Into the Woods. Maybe not all of them, but more movies like that. I understand that to a movie like Boyhood, those movies are massive blockbusters. But, they're really not the biggest blockbusters of the year.

I wish Interstellar had been a genuine contender, but its ambition alone couldn't hide script issues.

I agree with you, the Oscars are about ratings as much as the next shallow award show. But I feel like as soon as its members start voting with that in mind then it'll just become the Golden Globes, and it's that same populist mindset that's meant there isn't a single award in music worth winning. Which isn't such a bad thing, really.

I suppose my advice to all concerned would be: make better, more original blockbusters that actually warrant serious awards consideration.

I loved The Fault in our Stars but no. And don't get me started on Into the Woods. All was going fine until the fucking atrocious 3rd act.

I can't really say I'm satisfied on the whole with the winners, a few of them aside. I really liked Birdman, but it seems destined to become one of those "forgotten by everyone except Oscar/movie followers" Best Picture winners.

I mean, aside from American Sniper, I would apply the same thinking to all other nominees for Best Picture.

• Like 1

All was forgiven in those last 5 min. The cue for Rise that begins after Morgan Freeman realizes Wayne is alive...Gordon seeing the Bat Symbol, the JGL Batcave poetry...fuckin Chris Pine/Matt Damon tears

For all his other flaws, Nolan knows how to end a film, possibly better than anyone. And TDKR is probably his best in that regard.

• Like 3

TDKR's ending is really great. Interstellar on the other hand...

Interstellar had a better ending than TDKR. Seriously the ending of TDKR was a major cop out. 'look batman died, oh no he didn't, he's magically survived, explanation? fuck an explanation, im Christopher Nolan, you'll like it'

• Like 2