CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

You don't stop being funny.  Eddie is just naturally funny.  I know he'd never do it, but he was slated to do it in 2012 before he stepped down because of something political.  You could get him to do it if you let him run loose, keep the leash off him and let him be him.

Eddie Murphy is funny? This is news to me.

Yeah and nominating Avatar had nothing to do with Cameron vs Bigelow did it? they were smart, they knew what they were doing. Btw, Avatar, Inglorious Bastards and District 9 were all better movies than the winner of that year. Seriously how can anyone thing Hurt Locker deserved the win?

Yes, Yes, and Yes. That was an excellent group of films that were nominated.

Eddie Murphy is funny? This is news to me.

Eddie Murphy is one of the funniest human beings to ever live.  If you are going by what he has done in the last ten years, you are not even scratching a speck of the surface.  48 Hurs, Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop, Coming to America and especially Delirious are comedy classics. 

• Like 2

Hurt Locker imo is one of the top 5 worst winners for best picture.

Really? It's a great film. I have no issue with it beating dumb films like Avatar, Up and of course Tarantino. I would prefer District 9 to win but THL is still a fine winner.

Really? It's a great film. I have no issue with it beating dumb films like Avatar, Up and of course Tarantino. I would prefer District 9 to win but THL is still a fine winner.

It's slow, boring, meandering and ranks well behind everything you mentioned, except Up.

• Like 1

The host was weak and the main contenders at the victory were movies the GA didn't cared about. Last year we have Gravity, two years ago it was Argo, both were movies that the GA liked and did big business in theaters.

EDIT: Life of Pi was also nominated for some big awards with strong chances of winning.

EDIT 2: Lincoln was another big movie nominated.

I agree, there was a lack of a narrative to any award that the audience could get behind. Last year had narratives in place for Gravity and 12YAS. 2 years ago we had the Affleck snub narrative. There was nothing that the media could make a big deal about the nominated movies, the #OscarsSoWhite was about a movie that was never a player during the season.

• Like 2

Eddie Murphy is one of the funniest human beings to ever live.  If you are going by what he has done in the last ten years, you are not even scratching a speck of the surface.  48 Hurs, Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop, Coming to America and especially Delirious are comedy classics. 

I'm talking bout last century (pre-Shrek I guess... though I like him in Shrek). I don't really find him funny at all.

Yeah and nominating Avatar had nothing to do with Cameron vs Bigelow did it? they were smart, they knew what they were doing. Btw, Avatar, Inglorious Bastards and District 9 were all better movies than the winner of that year. Seriously how can anyone thing Hurt Locker deserved the win?

District 9 shouldn't have even been nominated. Overrated film. Star Trek should have been nominated in its place. It had the critical reception to deserve it. Better reviews than District 9 & on par or better than Avatar.

I'm talking bout last century (pre-Shrek I guess... though I like him in Shrek). I don't really find him funny at all.

But you realize Eddie Murphy was the king of comedy for about 15 years, right?

You do realize people have careers that started before 2005, don't you?

• Like 1

You don't stop being funny. Eddie is just naturally funny. I know he'd never do it, but he was slated to do it in 2012 before he stepped down because of something political. You could get him to do it if you let him run loose, keep the leash off him and let him be him.

Yeah, his SNL 40 appearance was hilarious