Impact

2015 Best Picture predictions!

joy is out of contention. movie is horrible.

spotlight is 100% locked now. probably the most certain best picture winner in past 10 years.

new updated list

1. Spotlight *100% locked now

2. The Revenant

3. The Martian

4. Brooklyn

5. The Hateful Eight

6. Creed

7. Room

8. Son of Saul

9. Bridge of Spies

10. Carol

51 minutes ago, Halba said:

joy is out of contention. movie is horrible.

spotlight is 100% locked now. probably the most certain best picture winner in past 10 years.

new updated list

1. Spotlight *100% locked now

2. The Revenant

3. The Martian

4. Brooklyn

5. The Hateful Eight

6. Creed

7. Room

8. Son of Saul

9. Bridge of Spies

10. Carol

Why Son of Saul?  I don't see any reason that would make it in.

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

Think Spotlight is peaking early ala Boyhood or Social Network. I think the Academy will go for either, from likely to least likely, Carol, Hateful Eight, or Room.

Room is way too small, and Carol doesn't feel like a Best Picture winner. Unless The Hateful Eight is much stronger than expected, there is really nothing standing in Spotlight's way.

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

Think Spotlight is peaking early ala Boyhood or Social Network. I think the Academy will go for either, from likely to least likely, Carol, Hateful Eight, or Room.

I will say Carol. Hateful Eight and Room are not the academy movies. Carol is a prefect fit. I could Brooklyn also winning. 

theres no way spotlight is looked over. film wise structurally nothing to do with boyhood. i dont understand the comparisons with boyhood in these forums. its fairly conventional journalistic oscar fare- think proven material like the insider(7 oscar noms) or all the presidents men(won 4 oscars).

spotlight is near 100% certain in the following categories, and will become one of the best films of all time.

1. winner - best picture(mccarthy)

2. winner - best director (mccarthy)

3. winner - best supporting actor(keaton)

4. winner - best original screenplay(mccarthy)

mccarthy- 3 oscar wins to his name. keaton his first acting oscar.

Edited by Halba

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎04‎:‎19‎:‎56, Kalo said:

It will definitely be interesting when the nominations are announced I remember last year when they were there was very little surprise, expect for the exclusion of Gone Girl and Lego Movie. 

Gone Girl didn't deserve a nom, one of Finchers worst imo, and I love Fincher. The film was just pointless.

this is the most dead certain oscar race in modern history

spotlight is the highest (major production) RT movie in the past year, right up there with boyhood, 12 years a slave, selma and gravity of past years.

Edited by Halba

2 minutes ago, Halba said:

this is the most dead certain oscar race in modern history

spotlight is the highest (major production) RT movie in the past year, right up there with boyhood, 12 years a slave, selma and gravity of past years.

The problem is that the Academy members usually don't give a shit about the RT scores.

6 hours ago, Blankments said:

Nah, Spotlight's winning this.

5 hours ago, Halba said:

theres no way spotlight is looked over. film wise structurally nothing to do with boyhood. i dont understand the comparisons with boyhood in these forums. its fairly conventional journalistic oscar fare- think proven material like the insider(7 oscar noms) or all the presidents men(won 4 oscars).

spotlight is near 100% certain in the following categories, and will become one of the best films of all time.

1. winner - best picture(mccarthy)

2. winner - best director (mccarthy)

3. winner - best supporting actor(keaton)

4. winner - best original screenplay(mccarthy)

mccarthy- 3 oscar wins to his name. keaton his first acting oscar.

McCarthy still has Ridley to face in Director and Keaton might not even get nominated.

9 hours ago, Blankments said:

It may be peaking early, but they won't go with any of those three.

Itll likely be something like The Martian or The Big Short if not Spotlight.

Mad Max may very well be in now, and the Big Short had another strong showing.  The Hateful Eight may or may not make it in.

3 hours ago, The Panda said:

Not locked, plenty of golden globe drama nods arent nominated 

It's getting nominated in almost every awards competition so far though, I mean sure not 100% but I have a gut feeling about it and the awards so far seem to be leaning in that direction.