LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

FYI, American Sniper will be followed by one of Bradley Cooper s biggest flop.

Serena, a movie shot 3 years ago will have a tiny limited release in March and nobody will care because it s a terrible movie that was trashed by everybody who saw it. It s kinda fascinating that a movie which features two of the hottest actors of their time is having such a sad destiny. And yes, Serena is Jlaw.

Oh and Sony leaked emails are not to reassuring about the Cameron Crowe ´s movie that still doesn t have a freaking title 4 months before its release.

I saw Serena. Pretty bad film and JLaw was kind of awful. 

Even with enormous box office, I don't think that'll be enough to allow Cooper pull an upset at the Oscars. It's gonna come down to Keaton and Redmayne. Most definitely Keaton if he wins the SAG, and if Jupiter Ascending turns out to be Redmayne's Norbit (which is highly possible).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Even with enormous box office, I don't think that'll enough to allow Cooper pull an upset at the Oscars. It's gonna come down to Keaton and Redmayne. Most definitely Keaton if he wins the SAG, and if Jupiter Ascending turns out to be Redmayne's Norbit (which highly possible).

Norbit wasn't even Eddie Murphy's Norbit (it's way more they wanted to give it to arkin than they didn't want to give it to murphy), so no. So tired of that one.

That $30 million number might be a bit skewed, remember last time Eastwood released a film daytime business was so huge that by the time Rth's late updates came in we had a drop of like 50% or something. Obviously Sniper is playing to a much wider and broader audience but never underestimate Eastwood's power to bring in the old folks/early daytime dollars.

I agree with the statement about skewing older due to early matinees but it has sold out in a lot of areas in advance. The theater that I go to had sold out a 6:50 showing in advance in the biggest theater and the last time a movie during non-holiday and summer that sold out early was Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I agree with the statement about skewing older due to early matinees but it has sold out in a lot of areas in advance. The theater that I go to had sold out a 6:50 showing in advance in the biggest theater and the last time a movie during non-holiday and summer that sold out early was Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Oh it'll be huge no doubt. I just don't want everyone to get all disappointed if the actual numbers end up being $21-23 million.

Make biopic on white American military figure and market it as Call of Duty: The Movie. Release on MLK weekend. Make more money on opening weekend than many blockbusters do.

Make biopic on black American humanitarian who fought for civil rights of humans and was one of the most important non-violent activists in the country's history. Release near the Holiday celebrating the figure and in a time period where equality for all races is once again at the forefront of important issues. Make a mere fraction of Call of Duty: The Movie.

America.

• Like 6

Norbit wasn't even Eddie Murphy's Norbit (it's way more they wanted to give it to arkin than they didn't want to give it to murphy), so no. So tired of that one.

Murphy had the Golden Globe, SAG, and the BFCA. And then the film was released. I remember that awards season well. It cost him.

• Like 1

Make biopic on white American military figure and market it as Call of Duty: The Movie. Release on MLK weekend. Make more money on opening weekend than many blockbusters do.

Make biopic on black American humanitarian who fought for civil rights of humans and was one of the most important non-violent activists in the country's history. Release near the Holiday celebrating the figure and in a time period where equality for all races is once again at the forefront of important issues. Make a mere fraction of Call of Duty: The Movie.

America.

You mad?

• Like 1

Blank posts a Hitler Reacts vid he made - gets loads of insults heaped at him

Tele posts a Hitler Reacts vid he made - gets 40 likes

There's definitely a pro-Tele bias here

LMAO You know its not the video people are reacting to. It's the dragging out of your sorrow for the Lego Oscar snub. :lol:

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Blank posts a Hitler Reacts vid he made - gets loads of insults heaped at him

Tele posts a Hitler Reacts vid he made - gets 40 likes

There's definitely a pro-Tele bias here

I didn't see that one. but it doesn't surprise me that tele would appeal lowest crowd in a desperate search for likes.

• Like 1

Murphy had the Golden Globe, SAG, and the BFCA. And then the film was released. I remember that awards season well. It cost him.

So what was the movie that made Mickey Rourke lose the Oscar? I remember him winning everything only to lose in the Oscars night to Sean Penn. 

• Like 1