kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

I Believe that this film will play much better than expected, i live in Mexico and ticket sales started yesterday, and in the movie theaters of my town, there are 16 midnight showings, and 9 are already sold out, and the others are 70% full already...  Quite fast considering that presale just started one day ago.

Prequels never were the big thing here, i dont know if it was because Star Wars isn´t big here, or was the prequel effect. But im sure that TFA will have an opening of +10 million. 

• Like 4

I Believe that this film will play much better than expected, i live in Mexico and ticket sales started yesterday, and in the movie theaters of my town, there are 16 midnight showings, and 9 are already sold out, and the others are 70% full already... Quite fast considering that presale just started one day ago.

Prequels never were the big thing here, i dont know if it was because Star Wars isn´t big here, or was the prequel effect. But im sure that TFA will have an opening of +10 million.

Latin America will be Star Wars' most difficult region to conquer. Let's see if Disney will be able to create a new fan base in that region.

• Like 1

It does not look that good in sweden. In my hometown (in which there is a university -- that is: a lot of potential fanboys in their 20's) only half of the tickets opening day has been sold. But hey, there's two month left. Just thought the rush'd be bigger. 

Forecasts

USA/DOM: 615m

UK : 110m

China : 150m

Japan : 80m

France : 75m

Germany : 70m

Brazil : 13m

Russia : 20m

Total WW: 1.65m

wrong dude. Officially they said on the news. For the first 24 hours since they put tickets in pre-sale revenue it's allready over 2 billion dollars!!! Only about 24 hours. Worldwide of course. Eat this Avatar!!! 850 million Domestic. 3 billion WW, and maybe even 3.5 billion.... ;)

wrong dude. Officially they said on the news. For the first 24 hours since they put tickets in pre-sale revenue it's allready over 2 billion dollars!!! Only about 24 hours. Worldwide of course. Eat this Avatar!!! 850 million Domestic. 3 billion WW, and maybe even 3.5 billion.... ;)

While I hope you're right I want to be cautious.

Don't be ridiculous. At an average price of say $10 per ticket, 2 billion dollars in pre-sale revenue would mean that 200 million people worldwide have already pre-ordered their ticket. Real numbers are probably not even 10% of that.

People will believe anything these days. A bit of common sense please.

Edited by Cynosure
  • Like 2

Any source? I haven't found any official numbers, and 3 billion is unlikely, even in a hugely optimistic forecast.

Don't be ridiculous. At an average price of say $10 per ticket, 2 billion dollars in pre-sale revenue would mean that 200 million people worldwide have already pre-ordered their ticket. Real numbers are probably not even 10% of that.

People will believe anything these days. A bit of common sense please.

I guess he was joking...

I'm not joking.. Here is your source...

http://bnt.bg/news/shou-i-razvlechenie/mezhduzvezdni-vojni-7-nadmina-po-prihodi-epizod-1-oshte-predi-da-izleze-na-ekran

This is from Bulgarian national television.

If you understand Bulgarian.... ;)

But let me translate it for you ;)

Over two billion US dollars in a day of pre-sale tickets for the upcoming premiere of the seventh episode of the saga "Star Wars." The premiere of "The Force Awakens" is December 19, tickets are on sale from yesterday and today came the full trailer of the film.

More about anticipated film event - the international editor Dian Karolev see in the video.

Edited by heinrich

I'm not joking.. Here is your source...

http://bnt.bg/news/shou-i-razvlechenie/mezhduzvezdni-vojni-7-nadmina-po-prihodi-epizod-1-oshte-predi-da-izleze-na-ekran

This is from Bulgarian national television.

If you understand Bulgarian.... ;)

But let me translate it for you ;)

Over two billion US dollars in a day of pre-sale tickets for the upcoming premiere of the seventh episode of the saga "Star Wars." The premiere of "The Force Awakens" is December 19, tickets are on sale from yesterday and today came the full trailer of the film.

More about anticipated film event - the international editor Dian Karolev see in the video.

Then they are wrong, even if every single ticket that was on sale was sold, it still wouldn't be anywhere close to 2B.

• Like 1

I will just quote myself from main thread.

Quick check from Poland:

All 5 polish IMAXes are sell-outs, or almost sell outs for midnight screenings (nothing on thursday; it's first ever midnight premiere in polish IMAXes), and same goes for every subtitles showings on friday (3 per day). Obligatory (by Disney) dubbed screenings (two, on 10:00 and 13:00), are almost empty. In every IMAX on every day of weekend.

Afternoon/evenings on saturday and friday screenings are around 60-80% fulled each.

That's pretty crazy for Poland. Especially given that we don't really go crazy on big blockbusters, Marvel movies f.e. have mild response.

And onto regular theatres:

Midnights and early screenings are basically empty, only afternoon/evenings have around 40-50% seats taken (even dubbing sells pretty well). And only on friday, saturday and sunday looks even worse, everything is empty or almost empty. (only in my city and 3 biggest cinemas, but I checked few random viewings in other cities and situation was the same).

So - pretty good for 2 months before release. Especially for IMAXes.