kayumanggi

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS | 1131.6 M overseas | 2068.2 M worldwide

9 minutes ago, boxofficefreak said:

@keysersoze123 

It was only one poster (me). I said it in jest, and then got suckered into a response. 

OK. let us move past this. Both F7 and SW7 runs are impressive. SW7 is big markets( US/UK/Australia/Japan/Germany/France) and Furious 7 in Asia(minus Korea/Japan/HK?) and Latin America.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sgchn40 said:

So can TFA pass Titanic's worldwide gross? If so, when?

it won´t do...unless Disney make a global relaunching and i don´t think this will happen..

From now it seems 930 US and 1125 rest of the world, 2055 worldwide, far away from Titanic.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2016 at 9:23 AM, keysersoze123 said:

Dont forget the franchise just sometime back had a 62m domestic and 158m WW grosser. From there its gone on to 1.5B WW gross. It was never supposed to be among the biggest grossers but at least OS its bigger than most films. That's beyond impressive.

Yeah.... that was the point I was trying to make. FF7 did 1.52B WW which is 60% more than the combined WW gross of the first four movies of the franchise. That's unprecedented.

On the other hand, Star Wars and Jurassic Park were HUGE to begin with. SW7 and JW just realized the potential that was already there.

• Like 3

On 2/8/2016 at 9:19 AM, keysersoze123 said:

LOL at couple of new posters calling Fake a troll.  Fake is among the best here. You just have to look at smaller countries where Furious 7 crushed SW7 and ticket prices are way cheaper than developed markets. I will let Fake chime in on break down but also dont forget F7 did not have 3d in most markets. SW7 had 3d boost everywhere.

Regarding the WW admissions debate, here is why I think FF7 may have sold more tickets than SW7.

Let's just take 4 markets - DOM, UK, CHN & IND

SW7 will finish with roughly:

DOM - 97M

UK - 18M

CHN - 18M

IND - 2M

TOTAL - 135M

FF7 did roughly

DOM: 45M

UK: 7M

CHN: 65M

IND - 16M

TOTAL - 133M

So even though the difference in gross would be over 400M, there is barely any difference in admissions. Rest of the world, SW7 did 810M while FF7 did 690M, but here also the same logic applies. So I think they will end up pretty close in admissions fight.

And thanks for your support. But I have learned to ignore the newbies...... actually I don't even read their posts. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fake said:

Regarding the WW admissions debate, here is why I think FF7 may have sold more tickets than SW7.

DOM - 97M

UK - 18M

CHN - 18M

IND - 2M

TOTAL - 135M

FF7 did roughly

IND - 16M

TOTAL - 133M

So even though the difference in gross would be over 400M, there is barely any difference in admissions. Rest of the world, SW7 did 810M while FF7 did 690M, but here also the same logic applies. So I think they will end up pretty close in admissions fight.

And thanks for your support. But I have learned to ignore the newbies...... actually I don't even read their posts. :)

In China TFA got at least 22 million admissions, i think is bigger the gap between TFA and F7 than you say.

http://insidekino.de/BO/CN2016.htm

4 minutes ago, setna said:

In China TFA got at least 22 million admissions, i think is bigger the gap between TFA and F7 than you say.

http://insidekino.de/BO/CN2016.htm

I don't know how they are calculating the admissions, but TFA made $125M..... and I doubt it's avg. ticket price was less than $6.

Maybe our experts from China - Firedeep/Olive can shed some light on this.

5 minutes ago, Fake said:

I don't know how they are calculating the admissions, but TFA made $125M..... and I doubt it's avg. ticket price was less than $6.

Maybe our experts from China - Firedeep/Olive can shed some light on this.

I don´t know either, but i think this website is trustable.

Let´s wait for them, then.

• Like 1

The ER has gone from 6.2 to 6.58 b/w April 15 to Jan 16. Cannot be comapared in USD.

FF7 ended up with around 2.43B Yuan

SW7 grossed 823M Yuan, which is 33.87% of FF7.

If FF& sold 65M tickets, SW7 would be at 22 Mil. tickets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fake said:

DOM - 97M

UK - 18M

CHN - 18M

IND - 2M

TOTAL - 135M

FF7 did roughly

IND - 16M

TOTAL - 133M

Newbies are stupid and have no idea of box office :ph34r:

Sounds a bit arrogant to me but you won't read this comment either...

58 minutes ago, Aristis said:

Newbies are stupid and have no idea of box office :ph34r:

Sounds a bit arrogant to me but you won't read this comment either...

Correction:

"Some Newbies are stupid and have no idea of box office".

I know because I have been facing such guys for the past 10 years..... first at BOM and now here.

31 minutes ago, Fake said:

Correction:

"Some Newbies are stupid and have no idea of box office".

I know because I have been facing such guys for the past 10 years..... first at BOM and now here.

That sounds better now :rolleyes: (and saved your image for me)

• Like 1

On 2/9/2016 at 7:44 PM, jb007 said:

The ER has gone from 6.2 to 6.58 b/w April 15 to Jan 16. Cannot be comapared in USD.

FF7 ended up with around 2.43B Yuan

SW7 grossed 823M Yuan, which is 33.87% of FF7.

If FF& sold 65M tickets, SW7 would be at 22 Mil. tickets.

Hmmm......

But in Yuan, the avg. ticket price for SW7 would be higher due to:

1. Inflation (not huge effect but definitely some)

2. Higher 3D share (not sure)

3. Bigger share of business from Tier-I and Tier-II cities, that have higher ticket rates.

4 hours ago, Fake said:

Hmmm......

But in Yuan, the avg. ticket price for SW7 would be higher due to:

1. Inflation (not huge effect but definitely some)

2. Higher 3D share (not sure)

3. Bigger share of business from Tier-I and Tier-II cities, that have higher ticket rates.

http://www.cbooo.cn/Alltimedomestic

According to this site, the average ticket price for FF7 was 39 Yuan and for TFA it was 37 by the time it had grossed 803.9 Mil Yuan.

Based on that Tickets sold:

FF7: 242655/39 =  62.21 Mil.

TFA: 82477/37 = 22.29 Mil.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jb007 said:

http://www.cbooo.cn/Alltimedomestic

According to this site, the average ticket price for FF7 was 39 Yuan and for TFA it was 37 by the time it had grossed 803.9 Mil Yuan.

Based on that Tickets sold:

FF7: 242655/39 =  62.21 Mil.

TFA: 82477/37 = 22.29 Mil.

Hmm..... looks authentic.

So what caused the lower ticket price? Are kids ticket discounted in China?

As a side note, in Mexico F7 sold 84% more tickets (7M) than TFA. I think there's a similar proportion in the rest of the region. Different in lc gross is smaller since TFA prices were 15% higher in average.

Back to topic: $916M predicted in the US by Sunday, it's holding much better than OS.

• Like 1