Alpha

Saturday numbers RTH: AS 16.8 pg 9

Imitation Game won't reach the 100M now.

Yeah, can't see how it will get to 100M now despite Harvey Weinstein's confidence it will reach that mark. It did earn well though but it's no King Speech

• Like 1

Yeah, can't see how it will get to 100M now despite Harvey Weinstein's confidence it will reach that mark. It did earn well though but it's no King Speech

It lacks Kings Speech Oscar buzz. It is obvious Imitation Game won't win anything, while Kings Speech was the frontrunner. 

• Like 1

BoxOffice@BoxOffice5m

STILL ALICE took in an estimated $622,000this weekend from 84 locations. Domestic total stands at $1.51M.#StillAlice

View details

BoxOffice@BoxOffice7m

THE BOY NEXT DOOR took in an estimated$6.10M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $24.69M.#TheBoyNextDoor

View details

Edited by Donald

It lacks Kings Speech Oscar buzz. It is obvious Imitation Game won't win anything, while Kings Speech was the frontrunner. 

Yup, I think Weinstein was hoping that like King's Speech, Imitation Game would upset the early frontrunner in the Guild awards and yes Boyhood lost the first two major guilds (PGA and SAG) but not to IG but to Birdman.

Well I think IG can win Adapted Screenplay but that won't give a significant box office boost

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

American rugby is actually more dangerous than proper rugby. it's the same deal w/ bare knuckle boxing and boxing with gloves. It's because people are stupid and think they're fucking invincible when they have padding and shit, so they do more damage.

I can imagine their being more broken bones. .Rugby players are just crazy bastards though, I went out with a bunch of rugby players and their drinking games are fucked up. They have forfeits in which someone's has to drink half a pint of someone's sick, piss and ketchup. They also put tissue up their ass and set it on fire and can only put it out when they've downed 4 pints which are in front of them, not my idea of fun, they had blisters all over their ass lol.

• Like 1

BoxOffice @BoxOffice 44s45 seconds ago

GAME OF THRONES THE IMAX EXPERIENCE opened with an estimated $1.50M this weekend from 205 locations. #GameOfThrones

BoxOffice @BoxOffice 2m2 minutes ago

AMERICAN SNIPER took in an estimated $31.85M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $248.94M. #AmericanSniper

BoxOffice @BoxOffice 5m5 minutes ago

THE WEDDING RINGER took in an estimated $5.7M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $48.14M. #TheWeddingRinger

• Like 2

‘American Sniper’ Breaks Miley Cyrus’ Super Bowl Record at Box Office

http://www.thewrap.com/american-sniper-breaks-miley-cyrus-super-bowl-record-at-box-office/

Iraq War saga wins 3rd straight weekend with $31.8 million and routs “Project Almanac,” Kevin Costner’s “Black or White” and “The Loft”

“American Sniper” added best Super Bowl weekend ever to the list of box-office records Sunday, claiming its third consecutive weekend win with an estimated $31.8 million.

To do it, the Iraq War saga had to outscore “Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour,” which rung up $31.1 million for Disney in 2008.

It’s the latest in a series of records that have fallen to the Clint Eastwood-directed drama starring Bradley Cooper since it began a box-office blitz that began that day after it earned six Oscar nominations, including Best Picture and Actor.

The weekend’s three wide openers all finished behind “Paddington,” the family comedy about the British bear from “Harry Potter” producer David Heyman. It was second with $8.7 million in its third week for the Weinstein Company.

The time-travel tale “Project Almanac” followed with a disappointing $8.3 million from 2,893 theaters in its debut for Paramount Pictures. “Black or White,” the race relations drama produced and starring Kevin Costner, opened in third with $6.4 million from 1,823 theaters for Relativity Studios. And the thriller “The Loft” wound up tenth, taking in $2.7 million from 1841 theaters for Open Road Films.

After posting the best wide opening ever on Martin Luther King holiday weekend and the month of January, “Ameican Sniper” will have rolled up nearly $250 million domestically in 17 days. It’s already passed “Saving Private Ryan” as the highest-grossing war movie ever, and it will be the top R-rated movie ever if it can pass the $370.7 million domestic total that Mel Gibson’s “Passion of the Christ” rung up in 2004.

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

I can imagine their being more broken bones. .Rugby players are just crazy bastards though, I went out with a bunch of rugby players and their drinking games are fucked up. They have forfeits in which someone's has to drink half a pint of someone's sick, piss and ketchup. They also put tissue up their ass and set it on fire and can only put it out when they've downed 4 pints which are in front of them, not my idea of fun, they had blisters all over their ass lol.

I played Rugby for a month (lol) and I can certainly attest that they are some wild motherfuckers. None of the drinking games were quite as grotesque as those but they were in the same ballpark, (there was an old ass boot going around that they were asking people to spit in, pour ketchup/hot sauce/pretty much anything else in, along with people splashing their own drinks in, and anyone caught drinking with their right hand or fucking up a chant had to drink it). It was all pretty wild stuff to be held in an Applebee's. (Normally it's a real bar but the team we played has Applebee's as their sponsor)

Great guys though, still hang out with them here and there.

• Like 1

To each his own - I love watching the NFL - I tried to watch the World Cup but to be honest I'd rather stick pins in my eyes - I found it boring as hell!!  Why do people from other countries have to put down football or the Superbowl??  If you don't like it don't watch it - just like I will never watch soccer again!!  And of course there are more viewers for the World Cup - soccer is popular everywhere in the world - why I don't know!!

• Like 3