Alpha

Saturday numbers RTH: AS 16.8 pg 9

I didn't rip any movies I haven't seen, I just said I doubt they're better than TFIOS, that's a big difference.

actually yes, you have and regardless, it is the same.  You are making a judgment on something you haven't seen, then telling someone else they shouldn't make a judgment on something they haven't seen.  

you aren't the only one who does this, but don't act like you aren't being hypocritical in doing so :P

I don't see how that makes it more impressive though. If anything it means that its appeal is very limited everywhere else.

Everyone is talking about how the most popular sport in the entire world is really popular in their country and that's impressive?  

• Like 1

Don't know nothing about American Football, but there seems to be an awful lot of downtime. Play 20 seconds, stop, drink some water, have a cup of coffee. Play 20 seconds, stop, huddle. Play, stop, a Katy Perry show, and so on...

Pretty much. Gotta extend that game so the host studio can make them big bucks from the commercials. Only good thing about the Superbowl, I can go to my bosse's superbowl party for free food and booze. Like I said, I don't give a shit about the game.

Only sports I am mildly interested in are Figure Skating, Gymnastics, Horse racing/Equestrian competitions(I actually compete in this shit, so it's a given) and Hockey, but only for the fights and blood. No one really gives a shit about the game itself, they only like the fights and carnage. Anyone telling you otherwise is in denial.

Edited by Warhorse

Oddly enough fighting in Hockey has really hurt the games popularity for non hockey fans in Canada.

People ask why is there no fighting in the world cup, Olympics or Stanley cup games? 

Like I am turned off by the NHL as I find the focus on fighting makes it amateurish. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Formula 1 > All ball sports. The Brazilian GP isn't too far behind the Superbowl in viewers. In a few years I like to hope we can get the Austin race above the big game ;)

YES TO ALLLL OF THIS!

Lewis Hamilton wininng was one of the sporting highlights of the year.

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 1

Formula 1 > All ball sports. The Brazilian GP isn't too far behind the Superbowl in viewers. In a few years I like to hope we can get the Austin race above the big game ;)

Not a fan of F1. It's like watching someone play a really boring racing game for hours.

• Like 1

Isn't that America though?

Commercializing everything. 

"Football" they said, more like short bursts of violent stretching. 

Yep. Have to agree here. The over saturation of marketing pretty much sucks the joy out of the holidays for me. I rememember when Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years were once fun and magical. Now, it all just seems so fake and forced.

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya Fumble of the day - so far - goes to #Blackhat which plunged 93% to puny $114k over #SuperBowl wknd. Dismal $7.8M to date.

I thought I read somewhere that BlackHat was being dropped by the theaters because lack of business. 

F1 was on top form this year. Bitter rivalries, crazy near misses, fast paced racing, controversy and a wide open race for the championship.

I'm counting down the minutes to Melbourne. With Honda coming back, and so many big players moving, that's going to be a fascinating weekend. My big hope now is that Red Bull stick with their testing design for the main season.

Soccer is for 7 year-old boys and girls in the U.S. Not nearly as dangerous or exciting as football tbh.

I'm just watching the Super Bowl to see Katy Perry fail.

Sadly, to me, the  fact that Ms Perry is actually considered a singer by the masses, is a major fail to mankind everywhere. She is awful. I'm going to definitely bring my MP3 player so I can listen to actual music during the halftime show.

Why they don't get Taylor Swift is beyond me. She's the biggest thing on earth right now.

Who still cares about katy perry?

Eh, I don't care for her either. Too sappy and Vanilla for my tastes. I wouldn't mind Prince or Rolling Stones to come back though.

I'm counting down the minutes to Melbourne. With Honda coming back, and so many big players moving, that's going to be a fascinating weekend. My big hope now is that Red Bull stick with their testing design for the main season.

Anything to keep Red Bull from the top.......I hate them for completly irrational reasons.

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 1