Alpha

Saturday numbers RTH: AS 16.8 pg 9

Without Sniper some of these movies wouldn't have tanked with 4M OWs.

I think Blackhat would've made what it did anyways, it looked as generic as they come and cheesy.  Same with Mortdecai, not only did it look really bizarre but Johnny Depp has completely torpedoed his star power over the last 5 years with back-to-back stinkers.

• Like 2

Mordecai is flopping everywhere os no matter the competition so I am not sure.

It is not flopping in Portugal. It is having a very respectable OW.

I am not saying Blackhat or Mortdecai would have done much better, but I am sure they could have done 7-9M without Sniper.

It is not flopping in Portugal. It is having a very respectable OW.

I am not saying Blackhat or Mortdecai would have done much better, but I am sure they could have done 7-9M without Sniper.

So 700k gross in Portugal guaranteed?

• Like 1

So 700k gross in Portugal guaranteed?

Not even that. I just said it isn't flopping. 700K is the equivalent of 70M DOM. I am expecting something more like 500k.

Edited by CJohn

Ok guys i'm trying to decide what movie to see tonight, The Wedding Ringer or drive an extra 15 minutes and see The Imitation Game.

I also have to drive 20 - 25 minutes to get to the first theater with The Wedding Ringer so add the 15 minutes on top of that and its a 35-40 minute drive.

Suggestions?

Ok guys i'm trying to decide what movie to see tonight, The Wedding Ringer or drive an extra 15 minutes and see The Imitation Game.

I also have to drive 20 - 25 minutes to get to the first theater with The Wedding Ringer so add the 15 minutes on top of that and its a 35-40 minute drive.

Suggestions?

Haven't seen The Wedding Ringer but The Imitation Game I thought was pretty great, so I suggest seeing that. 

People are going to say that Sniper proves January is no longer a dumping ground but everything else torpedoing in spectacular fashion says otherwise

The only thing it proves, is that if you make a movie people actually want to see, you can release it pretty much any time. 

Unfortunately, a lot of shit is still getting made, so they have to release it sometime.

• Like 5