Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

If the studios are smart, theyll take this nostalgia thing from 0 to 100 real quick. 80's-90's kids are nearing their 30's and 20's, and we crave our childhoods. TeenNick does "The 90s Are All That" block every night which is a success, and theres dozens of "I Heart the 90s"/"I Miss the 90's"/"Only 90s kids" etc on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. Wasn't there even a Saved By the Bell movie just on TV last year? And Jimmy Fallon did a Saved By The Bell skit last week. And theres talk of bringing Full House back, and Fresh Prince still airs on like 6 different channels, Toy Story 4 is happening. Turtles smashed expectations, and now Spongebob. I think even Netflix has a 90's section.

Nostalgia is clearly hot right now and I can see them, especially Paramount, picking every old 80's and 90's item they can find. Theyll eventually make that Captain Planet movie, just watch. Obviously I'd like more original content, but when something is hot, like the vampire fad, zombie fad, found footage fad, slave movies fad (ugh), etc. then you jump on it. Watch, theyll make a movie on dial-up internet. Just watch...

A quality Dragon Ball Z film that doesn't suck Saiyan monkey cock would be a start.

• Like 1

If the studios are smart, theyll take this nostalgia thing from 0 to 100 real quick. 80's-90's kids are nearing their 30's and 20's, and we crave our childhoods. TeenNick does "The 90s Are All That" block every night which is a success, and theres dozens of "I Heart the 90s"/"I Miss the 90's"/"Only 90s kids" etc on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. Wasn't there even a Saved By the Bell movie just on TV last year? And Jimmy Fallon did a Saved By The Bell skit last week. And theres talk of bringing Full House back, and Fresh Prince still airs on like 6 different channels, Toy Story 4 is happening. Turtles smashed expectations, and now Spongebob. I think even Netflix has a 90's section.

Nostalgia is clearly hot right now and I can see them, especially Paramount, picking every old 80's and 90's item they can find. Theyll eventually make that Captain Planet movie, just watch. Obviously I'd like more original content, but when something is hot, like the vampire fad, zombie fad, found footage fad, slave movies fad (ugh), etc. then you jump on it. Watch, theyll make a movie on dial-up internet. Just watch...

So what you're saying is Good Burger should get a sequel. I like how you think.

• Like 6

good lord the 90s were even more braindead than right now. I'm scared jandrew might be right though. movies that coast on nostalgia are bad.

I'd rather have a 90's fad than another vampire or found footage fad tho.

• Like 1

you say that now...

I can't wait until people start getting their '00s nostalgia on. that's when you know it's bullshit. at least the 90s had a style. what even is there in the '00s to get nostalgic about? Hollaback Girl?

High School Musical?

you say that now...

I can't wait until people start getting their '00s nostalgia on. that's when you know it's bullshit. at least the 90s had a style. what even is there in the '00s to get nostalgic about? Hollaback Girl?

Reality TV :rofl:

• Like 1

you say that now...

Harry Potter remakes

you say that now...

Twilight reboot is in the works at Lionsgate/Summit.

you say that now...

Yeah, you just wait. They'll do something stupid like remake Sam Raimi's Spider-Man mov-oh crap….