grim22

Fifty Shades Darker | February 10th, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 13

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

"I Don't Wanna Live Forever" is kinda weak. "Love Me Like You Do" and "Earned It" were much better songs overall.

Sure. But "I don't wanna live forever," is going to blow up way before the movie comes out. Extra hype for that film. That's what they wanted which is why they got Taylor Swift (she's a cash cow) and Zayn (with his one direction fans) to sing the song. 

46 minutes ago, Nova said:

Sure. But "I don't wanna live forever," is going to blow up way before the movie comes out. Extra hype for that film. That's what they wanted which is why they got Taylor Swift (she's a cash cow) and Zayn (with his one direction fans) to sing the song. 

Looking forward to whatever hit single Harry Singles conjures up for Dunkirk lmao.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Looking forward to whatever hit single Harry Singles conjures up for Dunkirk lmao.

But honestly from a marketing perspective this is genius. The song is number one in like 60 countries and it's being eaten up by radio already. You've got free promo for the movie essentially. Add to the fact that Taylor is performing before the Super Bowl starts on the 6th of February and you know she will perform this song. Not saying it'll help with the quality of film or whatever but in terms of exposure, it's brilliant imo. 

Now Harry...I can't wait for that. I really can't. :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

But honestly from a marketing perspective this is genius. The song is number one in like 60 countries and it's being eaten up by radio already. You've got free promo for the movie essentially. Add to the fact that Taylor is performing before the Super Bowl starts on the 6th of February and you know she will perform this song. Not saying it'll help with the quality of film or whatever but in terms of exposure, it's brilliant imo. 

He's coming for the Oscar with that power ballad, right @MrPink?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Nova said:

That actually is a good idea and free promo. A war movie like Dunkirk could use some exposure to general audiences. I do remember Pearl Harbor having a soundtrack called There You'll Be by Faith Hill. 

Styles' hoarse low-pitched voice is kind of perfect for a power ballad.

Edited by therana

9 hours ago, therana said:

That actually is a good idea and free promo. A war movie like Dunkirk could use some exposure to general audiences. I do remember Pearl Harbor having a soundtrack called There You'll Be by Faith Hill. 

Styles' hoarse low-pitched voice is kind of perfect for a power ballad.

I mean why not? I don't know how he is as an actor but his fan base is huge so just put a song out there for the movie sung him him and get the promo going for the film. Just gotta make sure it's a good song though hahaha otherwise it may backfire 

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

He's coming for the Oscar with that power ballad, right @MrPink?

Taylor vs Harry at the Oscars for best song :ph34r: 

But just realized they'd be nominated in different years, damn. 

Who am I kidding. Neither of them are getting shit :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

I mean why not? I don't know how he is as an actor but his fan base is huge so just put a song out there for the movie sung him him and get the promo going for the film. Just gotta make sure it's a good song though hahaha otherwise it may backfire 

well, Harry is supposedly the one out of all One Direction boys who has the true star potential according to the media. And yet he is yet to release his solo material despite 1D breaking up ages ago. I'm inclined to think he will be releasing his first solo album around Dunkirk premiere. it remains to be seen whether it would include any soundtrack for Dunkirk, but either way it would be good free promo.

In my opinion, Zayn Malik has a much better vocal range than Harry, but Harry's voice is more unique and emotionally powerful than Zayn's. IMO, a Dunkirk soundtrack really would be  a good idea. His voice is well suited for angst-ridden power ballads.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Taylor vs Harry at the Oscars for best song :ph34r: 

But just realized they'd be nominated in different years, damn. 

Who am I kidding. Neither of them are getting shit :rofl:

Aren't Fifty Shades Darker and Dunkirk both 2017 movies? So it would be the same awards season. It would also be 1D vs. 1D which the media would make into a thing, even if they've personally moved on from the drama. Initially, though, not liking this Taylor/Zayn collaboration as much as the songs from 50SoG.

• Like 2