grim22

Fifty Shades Darker | February 10th, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 13

This is gonna do like 50 OW, and huge drops afterwards. It's going to barely crawl by 100m. Overseas should be fine though, Im expecting atleast 200m OS.  

Both sequels were shot back to back, so they saved money; i remember it being reported that it only cost 20m on each (40m total). Universal is gonna make in excess of a billion dollars on this franchise when all is said and done. 

Holy shit! More trailer views than Force Awakens

"second installment of the franchise was viewed 114 million times across platforms. 

The first official trailer for Fifty Shades Darker has been viewed online 114 million times in the past 24 hours, according to Universal.

The spot debuted on Sep. 14 at 8 a.m. PT, and racked up it's multi-million view count across all digital platforms -- YouTube, Facebook, Instagram etc. Within the first hour of the trailer's debut, the trailer received more than 2.5 million views on Fifty Shades domestic Facebook page alone. 

Darker was viewed 39.4 million times in North America but the majority of online views came from over 32 international markets like the U.K., Mexico and France, where the spot received 74.6 million official views.

Previously the highest performing full-length trailer was the preview for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which racked up 112 million views online in 24 hours.

The Force Awakens broke the record set by its own teaser trailer, the second to debut for the movie, which screened in April 2015 at Star Wars Celebration and amassed 88 million views in the first 24 hours."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fifty-shades-darker-viewed-trailer-929319

Edited by John Marston

Wonder which are the "other platforms" that these view counters count. Youtube didn't break 10M views in 24 hours across all the uploads combined. With Star Wars, Youtube had cracked almost 45M across different uploads. I wonder if Facebook has so many fans to get it to 114M.

But then again, that is the thing with view count press releases which cannot be verified, you can count any sources you want and release any number you want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

They are waiting too long to make the sequels, they should be a yearly thing like the Twilight movies.

Imagine if there was two years between Twilight and New Moon, and how much the hype would have fallen after all that time.

I think they wanted to do it yearly, but there was behind-the-scenes issues (director/writer dropping out, etc) that delayed this one. The third comes out in Feb 2018, a year after this one.

• Like 1

The trailer was actually interesting. Although I hated the first film. I like the director behind it(James Foley) can make a stalker romance thriller fill like Fear with Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon which I really love! Dakota Johnson isn't a bad actress, I like her performances in films like Black Mass, and How To Be Single. But Jaimie Dornan is a terrible actor, and doesn't have any emotion whatsoever. 

Ok but the first movie has fab cinematography and production design and this looks to be a big step down in those departments.

OTOH

Bella Heathcote needs to go full Michael Myers with the stalking thing.

Dakota is :wub:.

Elfman is scoring all the sex thrillers which is so much fun.

Kim Basinger seems like a lovely person and I'm glad she's employed.

Fifty Shades Darker Rated R for Strong Erotic Sexual Content
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/784497-fifty-shades-darker-rated-r-for-strong-erotic-sexual-content#/slide/1

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY: “strong sexual content including dialogue, some unusual behavior and graphic nudity, and for language.”

FIFTY SHADES DARKER: “strong erotic sexual content, some graphic nudity, and language.”