K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

The fact that Gray could open that high is ugh...

Anyway-hope Sniper returns next week somehow.

Huh? Why would it?

Even if it only dropped 30% for this weekend and next, that means that next weekend it's doing 11.4M. If Fifty Shades opens to 75M, then it would have to drop by 85% 2nd weekend. Lol... American Sniper has had a great run but it's not getting #1 again.

This still has a very big chance of hitting 100M for the 3 day weekend. The fact that less than 15% of the presales were for the midnight and it still made 8.6 M just goes to show the VD (which accounts for around 45% of the presales will be huge). Plus, there will be much better walk-ins on the VD than for the midnight shows, obviously.

• Like 1

1.4m for Kingsman would be above Exodus and Jupiter Ascending. A mid 20s 3-day weekend seems about right.

I'm currently predicting a 30m 3 day opening weekend. Hope I'm right, though I imagine my prediction will fall a little short. 

• Like 1

Sometimes I don't understand you guys. For a movie like 50 Shades, 8.6m is a great number. Friday and Saturday are gonna be mind-blowing. I still think $85m+ for the 3-day weekend is likely.

Expectations were just way too high for some people. 

• Like 1

This still has a very big chance of hitting 100M for the 3 day weekend. The fact that less than 15% of the presales were for the midnight and it still made 8.6 M just goes to show the VD (which accounts for around 45% of the presales will be huge). Plus, there will be much better walk-ins on the VD than for the midnight shows, obviously.

The hopes for a 100M 3-day are slim now. People are just trying really hard to convince themselves it is possible because they want their predictions to come true. :ph34r:

I don't get the breakdowns, 50 Shades isn't twilight and it's not going to perform like twilight and its on a weekend where Valentine's Day is Saturday. You can't tell anything from previews unless it's a franchise where you know how previews work already like Hunger Games.

If 45% of the sales were for V-Day then you could see an increase Saturday.

TBH Universal are likely thrilled with how it'll do regardless if it hits $100m for the four days or not, it cost $40m so it's profitable already. Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed probably be dated by Tuesday although I don't expect Fifty Shades Darker next year since Universal already has an Illumination film scheduled for February 12th so maybe February 2017?