K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

Hey Neo. You were bragging about your (wrong) 68M prediction for Fifty Shades on Friday then not only did the estimates hold (which you doubted) it in fact seems to have bettered them by 3M.

Just thought you might need reminded that you were oh so very wrong.

Hey ddddddddeeeeeeeeee re-read what I said. lol lol

Oh no I am crying right now whatever shall I do. Going to Noctis defense typical of you.

Edited by Neo

Hey ddddddddeeeeeeeeee re-read what I said. lol lol

Oh no I am crying right now whatever shall I do. Going to Noctis defense typical of you.

Why on earth would anyone think you'd cry? You've been the most consistent over-predictor on this site behind only Kal.

And your picture of me grasping at straws doesn't make a lick of sense. MJ1 smashed GoTG in admissions both domestically and worldwide.

• Like 1

I'm surprised at the lack of activity in this thread for the weekend. This was supposed to be one of the more fun weekends of the year. So what it didn't make $100m. It broke the February record and many people seem pleased with the film. SMH.

2015 started off with a bang.

Why on earth would anyone think you'd cry? You've been the most consistent over-predictor on this site behind only Kal.

And your picture of me grasping at straws doesn't make a lick of sense. MJ1 smashed GoTG in admissions both domestically and worldwide.

Wow. Get the context of the pic. Over predictor yes, but had some EPIC ones as well. Everyone has over predicts.

Not as many as you or Kal.

I understand Noctis getting involved, but you I don't know who you are. lol Like your over predicts? Lets bet 10 predicts for this year and see who wins. Like usual you and the others I have betted with have declined, so expect no different with you. lol lol lol

• Like 1

Wow. Get the context of the pic. Over predictor yes, but had some EPIC ones as well. Everyone has over predicts.

A broken clock is still right twice a day. But I still love your predictions. They never fail to make me smile.

• Like 1

A broken clock is still right twice a day. But I still love your predictions. They never fail to make me smile.

At least more right than you. lol Never fails to make me smile your posts that fail so hard every time. lol

I understand Noctis getting involved, but you I don't know who you are. lol Like your over predicts? Lets bet 10 predicts for this year and see who wins. Like usual you and the others I have betted with have declined, so expect no different with you. lol lol lol

Neo. LOL its common knowledge around here that you over predict.

And no I'm not betting you, lol.

• Like 6

Neo. LOL its common knowledge around here that you over predict.

And no I'm not betting you, lol.

So don't talk then if you are not betting ok. Missed my great calls as you would as you like to mock people. You and Noctis think you are bullies (internet) opening your big mouths and thinking you are so big, but in reality you are not. lol

How are the Transformers films not quality?  That might your opinion but it is obviously not shared by most.  So just because you have an opinion, don't pretend it is shared by all.

Okay. Your post sounded a bit testy. I'm simply stating the RT scores on those movies is low, but they are doing gangbusters at the boxoffice, once again showing that, on some terms, critical quality is not really an indicator of success. Commercially, though, it's obviously a different story. I saw the first two TFs in the theaters, so the franchise appealed to me to do that at least initially. I'm going to see 50 even though I have major issues with the writing of the books. The parts I managed to read at least.

And it's all just opinions anyway. But I also don't really dig ridiculing people who have genuine issues with the books. Just like I don't dig people ridiculing those who love them.

Okay. Your post sounded a bit testy. I'm simply stating the RT scores on those movies is low, but they are doing gangbusters at the boxoffice, once again showing that, on some terms, critical quality is not really an indicator of success. Commercially, though, it's obviously a different story. I saw the first two TFs in the theaters, so the franchise appealed to me to do that at least initially. I'm going to see 50 even though I have major issues with the writing of the books. The parts I managed to read at least.

And it's all just opinions anyway. But I also don't really dig ridiculing people who have genuine issues with the books. Just like I don't dig people ridiculing those who love them.

Critics approval is not indicative of quality.  Critics love films like the Artist and that's a horrible film.  

• Like 1

Okay. :) Sometimes the critics and audiences don't agree (I for one disagreed with AMERICAN HUSTLE and CRASH, LAWD....), and sometimes they do: Titanic, Avatar, TDK, Avengers, GOTG... So.

Plus, is there anything wrong with me calling TF fun, maybe disposable, cinema? Something I can watch with pout a critical eye and just shut my brain off for two hours? The first one is good, I liked that. The rest are... Okay.

Wait, why are we arguing again? I am basically agreeing with you, LOL!

Though the next few weeks will be VERY interesting to see how 50 Shades holds up. Will it be as big a phenomenon as the books? Will it eventually become a classic like Basic Instinct or Showgirls?

Going to lunch and then to my showing of BONDAGE TIIIIIIIIIME!

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Critics approval is not indicative of quality. Critics love films like the Artist and that's a horrible film.

I think most people shitting on movies are doing it just for the heck of it. I dont know about others but when I go see a blocbuster film like TF I let my brain on autopilot. Just sit back, forget your problems and get into that awesome, exciting world. What's the poing in seeing a movie if every sec you're thinking 'yeah that's stupid; that's also stupid, plot hole, plot hole' and so on. Edited by 69 Shades of James
  • Like 1