baumer

The Godfather

49 members have voted

1. 1. Review The Godfather

My favorite of all time. Got the restoration blu-ray set for Christmas.I can discuss this movie all day long. The acting is just so superb. One of my favorite of all time scenes that doesn't discussed much is the scene where Vito gets shot and poor Fredo is so inept he can't even get the gun right to shoot back. The acting from John Cazale and the pain and guilt he feels because he couldn't do anything to help his father really gets to me. It's a small thing and would get un noticed but that's just how great the story and acting is from all the players.10/10 A+

• Like 4

I think that was the 2nd Brando movie I ever saw; the first one (of that I am definitely sure) was The Teahouse of August Moon:

Posted Image

Can you imagine my surprise that was the same actor? I thought he was Asian-American. Only 16 years between those films. Brando was 47 when he played the Godfather.

Posted Image

What an actor.

Edited by Rudolf

I think that was the 2nd Brando movie I ever saw; the first one (of that I am definitely sure) was The Teahouse of August Moon

Posted Image

Can you imagine my surprise that was the same actor?

LOL That guys is full of surprises.

Streetcar named desire with his infamous "Stella".

Ever see this?

Posted Image

One of the best movies ever made, not one of my favorites, but one of the best.... if that makes sense. I REALLY appreciate and admire the craft that went into making it but it's not one I feel up to watching often.

• Like 1

yes I saw most of his movies, but really thougt he was of asian descent

Wow. That's Hollywood for you. I like Marlon Brando a lot but it's the castmates I love so much more in the Godfather.Al Pacino, James Caan, Talia Shire, John Cazale and Robert Duvall all blew my mind.

Wow. That's Hollywood for you. I like Marlon Brando a lot but it's the castmates I love so much more in the Godfather.Al Pacino, James Caan, Talia Shire, John Cazale and Robert Duvall all blew my mind.

Al Pacino shined in the sequel.
  • Like 1

One of the best movies ever made, not one of my favorites, but one of the best.... if that makes sense. I REALLY appreciate and admire the craft that went into making it but it's not one I feel up to watching often.

Yeah, I kind of agree with this. Finally got around to watching it this weekend, and you can definitely appreciate the effort and artistry that went into this film as well as the number of iconic setpieces, but my first thought after it ended was "Eh, that was pretty good". I guess the problem for me is that the film doesn't hit many emotional heights, it just goes through its various story elements with a workmanlike disposition, not really allowing the audience to fully connect with Michael's transition from nice guy war hero to mafia boss.

A-