terrestrial

Weekend Chappie - 13.35M | Focus - 10.01M | 2nd Best Exotic Marigold - 8.54M | Unfinished Business - 4.77M

Since it has a release date you could probably make a thread for it in this forum.  If it didn't have a release date then you would post it in the On The Lot forums.

Thank you. for your answer :wub:

I just saw Kayumanngi just created a thread

• Like 2

Friday. A day off. Let me go see a movie. Enter the AMC Kips Bay in Manhattan. "Oh, Chappie is playing at 11:15 for $8? Uhhhh.....maybe. (Double checks reviews on phone). No, no, no. Jupiter Ascending burned me. I will NOT do that again."

Moral of the story is I passed on Chappie. I'm a grown, independent woman confident of making her own choices.

fAo2nmF.gif

• Like 12

Your kiss of death is hella effective.

I am still not sure how that works because I only saw JA on Sunday and by that time it had already bombed hard. :lol:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

I am still not sure how that works because I only saw JA on Sunday and by that time it had already bombed hard. :lol:

Maybe it's just that powerful.

• Like 1

Friday. A day off. Let me go see a movie. Enter the AMC Kips Bay in Manhattan. "Oh, Chappie is playing at 11:15 for $8? Uhhhh.....maybe. (Double checks reviews on phone). No, no, no. Jupiter Ascending burned me. I will NOT do that again."

Moral of the story is I passed on Chappie. 

:(

• Like 2

Maybe it's just that powerful.

Mad Max might get lucky and not bomb then because I think it won't do well. Or I am destined to love it like JA and it will tank spectacularly, even if I only see it on Saturday or Sunday.

• Like 3

Mad Max might get lucky and not bomb then because I think it won't do well. Or I am destined to love it like JA and it will tank spectacularly, even if I only see it on Saturday or Sunday.

Don't play with fire, CJohn. Don't do it.

We all know Tele would love if that happened.

Edited by Fancyarcher

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-chappie-no-1-779768

Neill Blomkamp's dystopian robot film Chappie is off to a muted start at the Friday box office for a $15 million-plus debut, enough to come in No. 1 but pacing notably behind the South African director's previous two films, District 9 and Elysium.

Based on early Friday returns, Chappie's Friday tally should come in at roughly $6 million from 3,201 theaters, including Imax runs.

Unfinished Business is looking D.O.A. and may only take in $6 million for the weekend from 2,777 theaters, marking the second comedy from Vaughn and director Ken Scott to disappoint afterDelivery Man.

Fox Searchlight's The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, despite playing in far fewer theaters, should easily trump Unfinished Business with a solid opening in the $8 million to $10 million range from 1,573 locations.

• Like 2