terrestrial

Weekend Chappie - 13.35M | Focus - 10.01M | 2nd Best Exotic Marigold - 8.54M | Unfinished Business - 4.77M

MARIGOLD HOTEL can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until TA2 is dead.

A true box office juggernaut.

For some reason I thought you were referring to the second half of CJohn's post. :lol:

Oh! :lol: I think I could understand why you would have that mix-up. I haven't exactly been writing the clearest of posts today.

• Like 1

Lots of filmmakers have one great movie in them, maybe one great and one good, and then they lose it. Happens all the time. Blomkamp might be one of them. 

I'll see Chappie before judging. I didn't mind Elysium. I think District 9 set people up to be disappointed, but it's a decent scifi movie. 

Edited by tonytr87

When skimming reviews of CHAPPiE, I keep seeing Neill Blomkamp's career mirroring M. Night Shyamalan's in terms of downhill trajectory. It does seem like this is his Lady in the Water, the film that makes audiences begin to turn against him.

As for Vince Vaughn...he just needs to go back the drawing board.

• Like 1

MARIGOLD HOTEL can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until TA2 is dead.

I got my ticket booked tomorrow for that one. Date night with the gramps.

• Like 1

When skimming reviews of CHAPPiE, I keep seeing Neill Blomkamp's career mirroring M. Night Shyamalan's in terms of downhill trajectory. It does seem like this is his Lady in the Water, the film that makes audiences begin to turn against him.

As for Vince Vaughn...he just needs to go back the drawing board.

Wonder how we would have looked at Blomkamp's career differently if he had made his debut with the Halo movie like he was supposed to and then had District 9 as his second movie.

Blomkamp also did Chappie no favors in the press as he spoke more about District 10 and Alien 5 than he actually said anything about Chappie itself. Sony must have been thrilled that Fox got a free press tour for their franchise out of this movie.

People today are far too quick to react to a filmmaker's beginning career.

I dont see how you guys can praise directors after 1-2 movies either. I never know half these directors yall talk about, but they make one solid short film and everyones like "OMG LET HIM DIRECT AVENGERS 3!" :unsure: Well you gotta start somewhere, I guess.

• Like 3