Impact

Best Actor predictions-2015

Sony Pictures Classics has purchased Miles Ahead, the Miles Davis pic starring, directed, produced, and written by Don Cheadle that will be closing the New York Film Festival this year. Assuming the film is a winner and gets a release date this year, Cheadle has the narrative to go all the way. And the "Poor Leo" meme lives on!

http://deadline.com/2015/08/miles-ahead-movie-don-cheadle-sony-pictures-classics-deal-1201492452/

• Like 1

Don Cheadle- Miles Ahead

Eddie Redmayne- The Danish Girl

Leonardo Dicaprio- The Revenant

Michael Fassbender- Steve Jobs

Geza Rohrig- Son of Saul

Michael Caine- Youth

Bradley Cooper- Burnt (can't doubt him with his record. Have a feeling this will close TIFF)

Ian McKellen- Mr Holmes

Tom Hiddleston- I Saw The Light

Abram Attah- Beasts of No Nation.

This category is luckily getting a little stronger. I have little confidence in Depp or Cranston. Probably not giving enough credit to Hanks, the role just looks basic and like something he can do in his sleep. If he didn't get a non for Captain Phillips, I don't see why he'd get one here.

I just watched the trailer for Trumbo and I guess Cranston is out. The movie feels like the oscar bait that end ups the academy season punching bag like Hitchcock did a couple years ago.

Based on early reception it's not good. Sounds like maybe a few crafts and that's it.

A trailer that was at MI5 was "Secret in their Eyes", this film felt like pure Oscar bait. Wouldn't surprise me if it gets some buzz, but yeah just had the complete "nominate me" vibe to it.

Okay-here I go!

Cheedle-Miles Ahead

Depp-Black Mass

DiCaprio-Revenant

Fassbender-Jobs 2.0

Hildenson-I Saw the Light

Yes 2 (3 if you count Fassbender) Marvel actors :P that was completely unintentional when I started this :lol:

I could see Caine being the Robert Duvall of this year.

SLJ for Hateful 8-maybe.

And of course Mr. Hanks-but if they didn't nominate him a few years ago....

Okay-here I go!

Cheedle-Miles Ahead

Depp-Black Mass

DiCaprio-Revenant

Fassbender-Jobs 2.0

Hildenson-I Saw the Light

Yes 2 (3 if you count Fassbender) Marvel actors :P that was completely unintentional when I started this :lol:

I could see Caine being the Robert Duvall of this year.

SLJ for Hateful 8-maybe.

And of course Mr. Hanks-but if they didn't nominate him a few years ago....

You are forgetting someone... lol

Redmayne wont win again. Remember only 2 back to back actors have ever happened (Spencer Tracy and Hanks-which Hanks had the best performance of his career in 1994-Crowe was thought to do that but even he couldn't do it)

Edited by Impact