Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

Whenever I have to deal with screaming kids, I just keep reminding myself "This is their movie, this is their movie"

Though in Cinderella's case, it's really more like a Jane Austen movie with fantasy elements

Edited by tribefan695

Whenever I have to deal with screaming kids, I just keep reminding myself "This is their movie, this is their movie"

Though in Cinderella's case, it's really more like a Jane Austen movie with fantasy elements

Yes!! I must see this movie this weekend!

• Like 1

Like, he's in your neighborhood?

Idk where he is, but he lives here and everyone has seen him but me, including my gf, so i really wanna go see if this is true.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

There's nothing wrong with adapting something in the public domain. The problem arises when you then block anyone else from trying to use the same public domain material.

Except they don't. In fact, usually whenever Disney comes out with a smash adaptation of a fairytale, the marketplace is flooded with tiny budget, inferior adaptations of the same fairytale, trying to cash in on that Mouse success. Disney only sues/can sue when the likeness/names of their character or design versions and songs are encroached upon, which is fair enough considering those aspects are their creative property.

• Like 2

Try to convince anyone to make a high-profile BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. Disney doesn't only use lawsuits.

If another big studio wanted to make a big budget BatB, they would. Of course it is a risk because then they would be going against a remake of Disney's already established property, but the decision to not greenlight such a project would ultimately be their own, not Disney's. Otherwise the WB Jungle Book movie wouldn't be happening.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1