Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

Sophie Turner would be a great choice. She's actually got some meat on her bones and isn't sickly-stick-thin-anorexic like Emma Stone.

Emma Watson comes across as too serious and stuck-up.

Jessica Chastain could play the mom mermaid.

If you only knew how demeaning this looked :unsure:

Yes... The first Twilight wasn't bad actually ( though I never bothered to watch the rest of them)

I loved the first Twilight. you should watch the rest sometime. The last one has an amazing action sequence. 

Cinderella is off to a decent start while I'm kinda disappointed with Run All Night's number and speaking of Run All Nignt I would laugh my ass off if The Gunman opens better next weekend

Run all Night had hardly any marketing so i can't say I'm surprised.

I saw it only a few times, no where near as many TV spots as Non-Stop.

Non-Stop had a few benefits 1)not a action movie out since maybe the Robocop remake or Lone Survivior before that. 2)it had appeal and Neeson and Jaume-Collet Serra back once again in a thriller type movie.and 3)decent release date. Also the trailer looked good for Non-Stop. The effects of Run All Night coming off two poorly received films Taken 3 and Tombstones and not that great of a release date yeah yeah I know don't always blame release dates but maybe dumping this somewhere else. So that it would've done better maybe, and also Kingsman still being in the marketplace maybe it affects it too Edited by Maxmoser3

This place is dead even though Cinderella is doing well.

A lot of people called a 65-75M debut, and Cinderella hit that mark. Nothing much to discuss beyond that actually. If it had underperformed badly (like sub-50M) or overperformed like hell (90M+), then the thread would have been much more interesting. Even though tracking said 60M and Disney lowballed their estimate with 50-55M, almost everyone here was expecting the debut we got... except for CJohn who called for a 100M debut.

EDIT: Look at Blank's "Over 70M OW" club. Even the people who are OUT of that club are still predicting 65-70M: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/index.php?/topic/16267-cinderella70m-ow-ball/

Edited by grim22

The movie would look more expensive if you saw the 30-40 minutes they cut out of that mofo.

good god, I don't know if I could have endured more 40 minutes of that. Edited by Goffe