Olive

Weekend Estimates: Insurgent 54m | Cinderella $34.5m pg 29

So where is Cinderella likely to finish? A penny over 200m should be considered successful since its production budget was half of all the recent Disney live action releases.

Boxoffice.com lists Cinderella's budget at $140+ miliion, and not the $95 million Disney's pushing.

Boxoffice includes estimated domestic marketing.

So to calculate how much is needed to break even, do we multiply the BO.com # by 2 or the official budget by 2? (or even some other way)
  • Like 1

So to calculate how much is needed to break even, do we multiply the BO.com # by 2 or the official budget by 2? (or even some other way)

I think different posters here would give you different answers. Personally, I still go with 2x the production budget, for a couple of reasons. First, there's lots of ancillary revenue that we don't typically see and it usually can cover the marketing expenses (and then some), and secondly, it's really hard to get any sort of real numbers for marketing budgets (aside from the Deadline Blockbuster Bracket articles every year).

• Like 3

I use production budget * 2.2 with a sharp look into China's BO. Means if China did extremely well I adjust my MP to a slightly higher number.

I try to find articles, interviews, studio & tax reports,... too, very seldom there are nice little details to find ...

• Like 1

Please don't say you liked Maleficent more.

Yes of course, and no shame for it either.

Cinderella was fine, maybe it was better made, but that's not enough to trump my Jolie stanning in what will undoubtedly be remembered as one of the most iconic and well received roles of her career (yuck it up, it's true).

Plus Maleficent has grown on me since its release- it's not nearly the trainwreck that people here make it out to be and its reception from the general public proves that, just look at the legs.

It's nothing personal against Cindy but when you're comparing oranges and tangerines, really what's the big difference?

• Like 1

ok number. The hold for Cindirella is good as it open high! It will do $200

There's no doubt in my mind that Cinder will hit $200M. The real question is, how much legs will it continue to have after it hits $200M? I'm sure the Dame wouldn't mind letting Cindy borrow hers.

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww201/fashionjuicecris/2fashionjuice/Angelina_Jolie_Leg_High_Slit.jpg

Edited by sfran43