baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

I strongly suggest you read them and if you have any questions, please let me know. For those of you who have never played, there are some difficult questions. There are some dangerous questions. You can rewarded for bravery in this game, but there is also a very fine line between bravery and stupidity. Please read the last two questions very carefully.

Here are the films listed as wide this year...only these films count for top 15 and preseason.

This will be posted on the first page as well.

This is still a work in progress....the films will be up soon.

Here is the thread. This is the same piece that is on the first page.

HERE WE GO!!

WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL BAUMER'S SUMMER GAME 2015! This is the 8th Annual Summer Game:

THE GAME:

Hello fellow BOF'ers. Welcome the EIGHTH annual BAUMER'S SUMMER GAME. This game has grown from its humble beginnings where we had about 25 people play in year one.  It kept growing every year and it even got to be somewhat known in entertainment circles.  Steve Mason spoke to me on Facebook years back and said he knew of me, baumer, because of the summer game on boxofficemojo.  A couple of years ago, Brad Fuller, Platinum Dunes producer, sent me an autographed Friday the 13th T-shirt as a prize for the game.  I subsequently kept it...sorry.  :)  Chas runs a very successful game in the winter and he and jajang are instrumental in helping me with scoring at the end and LAguy does his thing better than anyone.  I created this game but it is as popular as it is because of help from these fine individuals and because of you guys.  I am so grateful to everyone to come here time and time again, year after year.  Thank you so much.

This is a four month game that begins this year on FRIDAY MAY 1ST with the release of Avengers Age of Ultron and culminates on Monday September the 7TH. This means the last weekend of the game will be Labour Day weekend and the grosses will count up to and including Monday the 7TH.

Now before we get started, a word of advice to those who have never played.  This is a long game.  It is a lot of fun but it can also be very frustrating.  You can be so far back in the standings and look like there is no hope.  Please don't give up.  The weekly questions and Spur of the Moment questions make up a bulk of the INITIAL points.  But this game was designed to reward your prediction skills.  And that is not going to change as long as I am running this game.  I will do my best this year to make the points more balanced.  But I can't promise that they will be.  Preseason predictions have always skewed the game.  So if you can predict better than the others, chances are you will do extremely well in this game.  

This year we will be predicting the top 15 domestic films of the summer. These predictions are due by Thursday April 30th at 6pm forums time. You will post your predictions in this thread. There are no pm's. Everyone'S predictions are here for everyone to see. Nothing to hide. What this means is that if you are influenced by others and you want to copy what they think, that is up to you. But this game is won or lost over many different elements. Every element is important. If you target one player and copy their top 15 and they have a few bad calls, you will do the same. My advice to everyone is to be yourself. You have a month to analyze the films coming out this summer. Use that month to read up on and study the films slated for release this summer. It's a lot of work, no doubt. But the fun of the game is your reward.  

*** Please remember that your top 15 films can only be chosen from May 1st to Friday August 14th.  The reason for this is that the chance of any film coming out after this date, making the top 15 is very slim.  So when you look at the films coming out on August 14th, those will be the very last films that can make your list.  I'll have a complete list of films that qualify for the game later on in the post.***

The second and biggest part of the game is that every week I put up "bonus questions" that are worth 15,000 points every week. There will also be bonus points each week rewarded for several different accuracy measures. You will experience this as the game goes on. There are several weeks with bigger releases that the points available could total up to 50,000 points or more. I decide if the week will be worth 15,000 points, 50,000 points or anywhere in between. Generally the weekly questions will be worth 15,000 plus a few other bonus points.  But for example on a week where there is a major tentpole being released like Avengers, the points available will be much much more.

There will also be SOTM (SPUR OF THE MOMENT QUESTIONS) asked every once in a while. These literally are spur of the moment questions. I don't have a set amount as to how many there will be, but they will be worth no more than 12,000 points each. Again, there will be some stipulations, and very few mind you, where some special ones may go as high as 17,000. To make this fair and transparent, I'll promise that this year, no more than FIVE SOTM QUESTIONS WILL BE WORTH 17,000. The rest will stay at 12,000. The SOTM questions can change the balance of the game, no doubt, but they are also a staple of this game and although they create some controversy, they will remain. The reason for this is that I like them.

A typical looking SOTM scoring scheme will look like this:

Tell me, will The Avengers have a second Friday of more than 30 mill?

12,000 if you get it right.
-7000 if you get it wrong.
2000 if you choose not to answer the question (abstain).

Here's how the game will work. AND PLEASE READ VERY VERY CAREFULLY. And if you have any questions, ask me because once the game starts, you must abide by STRICT deadlines. If you miss a deadline on any question, you absolutely, unequivocally will not qualify for that question. So if i ask that a SOTM question be answered by 4pm on July 6th, and your answer is submitted or edited after that time, you will be disqualified from that question. I will rule on this without passion or prejudice. IT WILL BE STRICT. I hope everyone understands this. To be even more clear, THIS YEAR, I WILL FOLLOW THE DEADLINES TO A FAULT. I FEEL THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE ABSOLUTELY FAIR WITH EVERYONE. CONSIDER THE DEADLINE TO BE JUST LIKE A TIMER ON A COMPUTER. WHEN IT RUNS OUT, YOUR TIME RUNS OUT.....JUST LIKE THE DERBY BACK IN THE DAY. I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH GUYS. THIS YEAR, IT WILL BE STRICT.

To qualify for the prizes, you have to be in this game from the beginning. You must have your predictions in Thursday April 30th at 6pm.
If you are in a different time zone, it is your responsibility to figure out the conversion.

NOW PAY ATTENTION HERE: Here is the game structure and all that is involved. For those of you who have played before, you will notice some significant changes. As I mentioned, I am taking some of your suggestions and incorporating it into the game.

This year, you have to predict the top 15 films of the summer instead of the top 12. That means you have to tell me, in order, what the top 15 films, by gross, will be for the summer. We started this last year and even though it is more work, I like the number 15.

For example, if you think Fantastic 4 will finish 1st with 450 million dollars, you would put that 1st. If you think Spy finishes 2nd with 400 mill you put that and so on.

Here is an example of what your top 15 would have to look like:

1) White House Down: 485 mill
2) Monster's University: 420 mill
3) Despicablew Me 2: 215 mill
4) The Lone Ranger: 199.9 mill
5) Iron Man 3: 185 mill
6) Pacific Rim: 165 mill
7) The Heat: 164 mill
8) Red 2: 160 mill
9) Grown Ups 2: 137
10) Turbo: 125
11) Man of Steel: 125
12) RIPD: 115
13) Wolverine: 114
14) The Conjuring: 110
15) Blue Jasmine 95

This is just a sample of what you need to do. Tell me, in order with the gross, what films will finish top 15 for the summer.

POINT SYSTEM: The point system will be very similar to last year, but with a few changes. You will rewarded even more for accuracy. This is something you asked for. I listened.

For every film you call correctly in the top 15, in any order, you will get 15,000 points. For every film you call in the exact spot, you will get 25,000 points (total). So you must think this out thoroughly. You will also lose 10,000 points for every film in the top 15 that you call incorrectly. So, for example, if say Straight Oughtta Compton will be in the top 15 and it misses, you will lose 10,000 points (PLUS whatever you miss the gross by).

And one more caveat to this is the double whammy rule. If you call a film to hit the top 15 and it misses, you will lose points for missing the top 15 and you will lose points if the gross misses by more than the 40 million allotted to you. If however you call a film incorrectly in the top 15 but you are within the 40 million, YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT FOR THOSE POINTS. This is a rule that was finally enforced last year and it will stay going forward.
Back to the scoring.

If you are able to call the top three positions right, in order, regardless of the gross, you will get a 75,000 point bonus.

If you are able to call the top four positions right, in order, regardless of the gross, you will get a 150,000 point bonus.

If you can call the top five positions right, in order, regardless of gross, you will get a 300,000 point bonus.

If you are a genius and can call 10 right, in order, regardless of gross, you will get a 750,000 point bonus and basically win the game.

If you can call 12 right in order, you get a million bonus points. This is impossible so don't worry.

If you can call all 15 right, in order, you will get a two million point bonus.  No one has ever gotten 12 right in order, so this bonus is extremely difficult to achieve.

As a side note, in the Five previous years in this game, no one has called the top five correct yet.

Now, because I personally think this year's positions are going to be harder than last year to predict, I'm going to have more reward for prediction placement correctly.

Call SPOTS 2-4 correct, regardless of order, and receive a 150,000 point bonus.

Call spots 5-6-7 correct, regardless of order and get a 200,000 point bonus

More bonus:

Call 10 or 11 of the 15 films correctly, regardless of the order, and receive a 250,000 point bonus.

Call 12 of the top 15 correct, regardless of order, receive a 300,000 point bonus.

If you can call 13 films correct, regardless of the order and you will receive a 400,000 point bonus.

Call 14 films correct, regardless of the order, and get a 600,000 point bonus.

Call all 15 correct, regardless of order, and you get a million point bonus

This does not eliminate the bonus points originally mentioned, it will just add to them.

Keep in mind, this game was born from calling the summer films accurately. This is why there is such a premium put on your preseason predictions.

So even if you are not doing so well with the bonus points, a huuuuuuge premium is put on calling the films in the right order, so do your research.

There is also points for being accurate in the gross you choose for the films.  

For the gross that you predict, for every film that you call within 20 mill, you will get 10,000 points. If you call it within 30 mill, you get 5000 bonus points. If you miss the films gross by 30.01-40 mill you will not lose any points. From 40.01 to 60 mill you lose 5000 points. For every 20 mill you miss after the first 60 mill, you will lose 1000 points per 20 mill. Even if you miss the gross by 61 mill, that extra 1 mill will cause you to lose a full 1000 points.

For even more of an accuracy bonus, if you can call any film within 5 million of the actual gross, you will receive a bonus of 20,000. If you can call the gross within 2 million, you get a bonus of 25,000.

Predicting the top 15 and their gross is very, very difficult, especially since you have to have this in before the game starts. ONCE YOUR PREDICTIONS ARE IN, YOU CANNOT CHANGE THEM once the thread is locked. 

By popular demand and because we have a huge contingent of international players, I'm going to have an international flavour to game also.

Because international numbers are so important, we cannot ignore the overseas gross.  And we will not.
International Flair #1:

Tell me what the WW top 10 of the summer will be. The point structure will be as follows:

Every film you call in the top 10 correct, you get 15,000 points. If you call the top 3 spots in order, you get a bonus of 100,000. If you can call the top 5 in order you will get a 250,000 point bonus. If you can call between the top 8 in order, a bonus of 400,000 and if you can call the top 10 WW films in order you will get you a bonus of 750,000.

Call the gross correct within 50 mill: 20,000 points
Call the gross within 50.1 mill to 75 mill 10,000 pts
Call the gross within 75.1 to 100 mill 5000 pts.

Miss the WW gross by more than 150 mill and you lose 20,000 points. I am giving you a buffer this year of 75 mill. 

If you call a film in the top 10 that doesn't appear in the top WW top 10, you will lose 15,000 points.

International Flair #2:

What five films will have the best weekends World Wide? I realize some films open day and date, and others do not. This is why it is now just best weekend.  And to avoid more confusion, the weekend will include any numbers the film makes from the time it opens during that week.  So if a film opens on a Wednesday, and all of that gross is reported as the opening gross, it will count.

For every film in the top 5 you call correctly, you get 25,000 points.
For every film you call incorrectly, you lose 10,000 points.
If you call 3 of the top 5 correctly, regardless of order, you get a 20,000 point bonus.
If you call all 5 correctly, regardless of order, you get a 75,000 point bonus

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

Tell me what films will finish with the 5 best opening weekends domestically. Opening weekends will include any money made on Thursday sneaks.  One caveat to this is that if a film changes it's release date, only the gross from Thursday to Sunday will count. So for example, if Jurassic World suddenly decides that it wants to open on a Wednesday, only the gross from Thursday to Sunday will count. There will be no exceptions to this.

Scoring for best opening weekends:

For every film you call correctly in the top five, regardless of order, you will receive 15,000 points. For every film you call in the exact spot it opens, you will get 25,000 points. If you are able to call 3 of the 5 correctly, you will receive a 75,000 point bonus. Call all five correctly, you get a 250,000 point bonus. For every film you call incorrectly in the top 5, you lose 10,000 points.

And finally, because it went over pretty well last year I am going to have a 5 lowest grossing films of the summer bonus.

You pick the 5 lowest grossing films of the summer. You can only choose films that are listed on boxofficemojo as WIDE. So for a film to qualify for the bottom 5 grossing films of the summer, please make sure that it is listed as wide as of April 26th. Once that date has passed, I will then list all films here that are listed as wide.

And remember the lowest grossing films can only be released up until August 14th.

For every film that makes the bottom 5 that you call correctly, you will receive 20,000. If you can call 4 of 5 right, you get a 50,000 bonus. If you call all 5 right, you get a 150,000 point bonus. There are no deduction of points for wrong answers. This is 100% bonus for you.

I had a blast running this last year and it will be just as much fun this year. I hope all of you participate. The three winners last year were incredibly accurate and I expect nothing less this year.

This thread will be the thread where the summer game discussion will take place up until the opening of the game. After April 26th, I will lock this.. Once the game starts, there will be a whole new forum opened where we will post our weekly answers and so on. More on this later as the information becomes available.

One final thing:

I score this game by myself. There is no magic program to determine points, so sometimes points might not be done right on time. I work a lot of overtime and am busy with life, so sometimes you will have to be patient with me while i score the game. I do have some help this year with excel programs and so on so it should be much more accurate. If you have a discrepancy with scoring please pm me, be nice and don't post it in the thread. Thanks.

PRIZES: ALL IN CANADIAN CURRENCY (the payout of cash or certificate will be your choice)

There should be three prize amounts this year for top three finishes.  But this will be determined later in the summer.  

You have almost 4 weeks to do your research, post your top 15 and get ready for a lot of fun this summer!!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

I like what Chas did in his winter game, it makes it so much easier for scoring.  So if you use this template below...in other words, if you copy the questions and then put the answer beside the question, you get a 25,000 point bonus to start.  If you do not use the right template, and just put in your answers, I'm deducting you 25,000 points.  You have no idea how hard it is to score these questions when the template is not copied.

HERE ARE YOUR FIRST PRE SEASON BONUS QUESTIONS THAT MUST BE ANSWERED BEFORE THURSDAY APRIL 30TH AT 6PM.

THESE WILL BE WORTH A TOTAL OF 15,000 POSSIBLE POINTS.
15,000 IF CORRECT
-5000 IF INCORRECT
3000 FOR TELLING ME THAT YOU ARE ABSTAINING

Tell me, of these five films, which one will be the lowest grossing of the summer. Only these five films can you choose from.

1) Trainwreck
2) Southpaw
3) She's Funny That Way
4) Aloha
5) The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

FOR AN ADDITIONAL 10,000 Tell me, within 5 million dollars, what its gross will be. Anyone who calls this within 5 million dollars (note you MUST CALL THE CORRECT FILM TO QUALIFY FOR THE 5000 BONUS PTS) whether it is over or under the total, will get the 10,000 points.

Second Bonus Question:

Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer: Only these five films.

1) Masterminds
2) Fantastic Four
3) Terminator Genisys
4) Magic Mike XXL

For 10,000 POSSIBLE bonus points, tell me, within 5 million dollars, what its gross will be. Anyone who calls this within 5 million dollars (note you MUST CALL THE CORRECT FILM TO QUALIFY FOR THE 10,000 BONUS PTS) whether it is over or under the total, will get the 10,000 points.

Third Bonus Question:

Tell me, of these five films, which will be the highest grossing INTERNAtIONALLY (NOT WW, ONLY INTERNATIONALLY....ALL FIGURES ACCORDING TO BOXOFFICEMOJO.COM)?

1) Terminator Genisys
2) San Andreas
3) Mission Impossible Rogue Nation
4) Ted 2
5) Mad Max

For 15,000 bonus points, call the correct film within 25 mill.

TRIPLE BONUS

Here are your 16 bonus questions that have to be answered before the start date.

Question 1: Will more than 3 films gross at least 110 million dollars Opening weekend domestically (3 day weekends count only)
Answer it correctly: 15,000 points
Answer it incorrectly: lose 8000 points
Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 3000 points.

Question 2: Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day?

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 3000 points.

Question 3: Will any film this summer have a worldwide weekend of more than 280 million? (THIS WILL INCLUDE ANY 5 DAY WEEKENDS. WHATEVER IS REPORTED FOR THE ACTUALS ON MONDAY EVENING WILL BE THE NUMBER WE GO BY). But the weekend has to fall within the summer game dates.

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 5000 points.

Question 4: Will any film make more than 51.5 million this summer in Australia?

Answer it correctly: 15000 points

Question 5: Will at least two films make more than 55 million dollars this summer in the UK box office?

Answer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 points
Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 5000 points.

Question 6: Will any film besides Avengers make more than 150 million in CHINA this summer?

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.

Question 7: Will at least 2 films make at least a billion mill WW this summer?

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.

Question 8: Will at least 5 films, listed as a comedy (could be sci-fi comedy...horror comedy...must have comedy listed somewhere in the genre ) by Box Office Mojo, make more than 120 million dollars this summer?

Question 9: Will at least 3 action films released after May, have a WW gross of more than 500 million?

Question 10: Which combination of films will make more money domestically?

1) Terminator, Spy, Jurassic World
2) Entourage, Spy, Hot Pursuit, Poltergeist
3) Minions, Insidious 3, Self/Less, Straight Oughtta Compton

4) Avengers first ten days, Mafgic Mike XXL

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 5000 points) 3000 points.

Question 11: Will any two films make more than 40 million in Russia this summer?

Question 12:

Will the top two films combined make more this summer than the next 5 films combined (domestic only)? So to avoid any confusion like we have last summer, the question reads like this.... top 2 spots add up to more than slots 3-7.

Question 13:

Will any of the top 7 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 47.5%?

Question 14:

Will Avengers, Minions or Jurassic World have a Saturday increase minus the preview number?  So take out the Thursday number and you get the true Friday number.  You guys know the drill.

Answer it correctly: 25,000 points
Answer it incorrectly: lose 15,000 points
Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 15,000 points) 5000 points.

Question 15:

Will Minions outgross Avengers in at least two of these regions this summer? 

France
Netherlands

Venezuela

Hungary

Answer it correctly: 25,000 points
Answer it incorrectly: lose 15,000 points
Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 15,000 points) 5000 points.

PLAYERS:

There may be more preseason bonus questions added before the start of the game. It is doubtful, but I hold the right to add a question if it seems right.

The Ron Jeremy of all bonus questions

This is a four parter:

1) Will Avengers make at least 600 million domestically?
2) Will Avengers make more than a billion internationally?
3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews
4)) Will Avengers make at least 1.8 billion WW?

Scoring: All questions you answer correctly are worth 7000 points. You can go for as many as you like.

Here is the catch: Every answer you call incorrectly you lose 10,000 points.

There are no points for abstaining, with one caveat down below. ***

Even more bonus and more treachery:

If you go 4/4 you get a 28,000 point bonus. So this means you will get a total of 56,000 points for this question (7000X4 plus 28,000 point bonus)

However, if you go for all 4 you must get all four correct. If you get even one incorrect, you will lose 20,000 points. So what this means is, if you go for all four and even if you get 3/4 correct, not only will you NOT get the 11,000 but you will lose a full 15,000 points.

This question is worth a lot of points for those ballsy enough to go for all 4, but it will kick your ass if you get too cocky. PLEASE READ THIS ONE CAREFULLY AND UNDERSTAND IT FULLY. IF YOU DO NOT, THEN ASK ME. ONCE THE GAME STARTS, CLAIMING YOU DIDN'T READ IT RIGHT WILL NOT BE AN EXCUSE.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOU GO FOR ALL FOUR QUESTIONS, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST GET ALL FOUR RIGHT IN ORDER TO GET POINTS.

Remember, you don't have to answer any of them. Or you can answer as little as you want. It's totally up to you.

You can choose to go for as many or as little as you want.

***CAVEAT***

If you choose to abstain from all 4, you will get 5000 for doing so.
You must tell me if you are abstaining.

NEW QUESTION:

This is a four part question. Again, you have choices.
Answer any part of the question. Each answer you get correct you will receive 7000 points. Each answer you get wrong, you will lose 7000 points. If you go for all four parts of the question, you must get all four parts correct. If you get even one wrong after going for it all, you will lose 7,000 points. You can go for all of it, none of it and some of it. Choice is yours.

17)  Note*** Jurassic World does not qualify for this question

A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 100 million dollars this summer?
Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 35 mill?
C) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 47%?
D) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 13 mill?

Get any question right: 7000
Get any question wrong: -7000
Abstain from all four questions: 5000
Go for all four, and get all four correct not only will you get the 28,000, you get a bonus of 28,000. But you must go for all four to qualify for the bonus

Double Secret Probation Bonus Question

Very simple, but very dangerous.

I'll give you a number, you tell me if Avengers will gross more or less than that number in said markets.

1) Russia:  42M

2) Germany:  31.5M

3) Portugal:  3M

4) China:  200M

If you go for this question, you must get all 4 correct.  This is not a partial question.  If you get at least 3 of the 4 correct, you will get 50,000.  If you choose to abstain from this question, you will lose 15,000 points.  If you go for the question and you do not get at least 3 or the 4 correct, you will lose 30,000 points.  Choose Wisely.

The "Hey maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked pal" question of debauchery.

Will Jurassic World and F7 combine to make more than Avengers in these markets?

1) Japan

2) United Kingdom

3) Columbia

4) Mexico

Each answer will be yes or no.  Nothing more.  You must get at least three correct.  Get three correct, get a bonus of 50,000, don't get three correct, lose 25,000, abstain, lose 10,000.

Any questions please let me know.

THESE BONUS QUESTIONS ARE DUE BY 6pm April 30th

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER.

• Like 7

Clarification needed on the questions about "Any movie making 150M in China this summer" and similar ones because there was an issue which arose 2 years ago with Monsters U in Japan.

Do these questions only apply to Hollywood movies? For example, China has a strong domestic movie industry as well, if any movie from their domestic industry breaks out and scores 150M US, does that count for the question, or is it only limited to Hollywood movies? Similar doubts in the Russia, Australia etc. questions.

Edited by grim22

Tell me what films will finish with the 5 best opening weekends domestically. Opening weekends will include any money made on Thursday sneaks.  One caveat to this is that if a film changes it's release date, only the gross from Thursday to Sunday will count. So for example, if Jurassic World suddenly decides that it wants to open on a Wednesday, only the gross from Thursday to Sunday will count. There will be no exceptions to this.

What about 5-day openers, ones that were always scheduled to open on Wednesday? Do we still only count the 4-day?

• Like 1

I think, to the best of my knowledge, it has always been the first four days of an opening weekend, which obviously includes sneaks.  So that's how it will be this year.  Or we could change it and just say what films will have the best three days (plus sneaks).  Hmmmm...

I think, to the best of my knowledge, it has always been the first four days of an opening weekend, which obviously includes sneaks.  So that's how it will be this year.  Or we could change it and just say what films will have the best three days (plus sneaks).  Hmmmm...

In the winter game, it was any money a movie makes from the day it opens to the end of its first Sunday. That worked well for the game. Maybe something similar here can work as well.

In the winter game, it was any money a movie makes from the day it opens to the end of its first Sunday. That worked well for the game. Maybe something similar here can work as well.

Hmm...I don't think I'm down with that.

To Kelli and those joining us for the first time, don't let the first post frighten you.  Basically the game is, 

Choose your top 15, predict their gross.

Choose your top 10 WW films

Choose your top domestic weekends

Top international weekends

Choose your 5 lowest grossing films.

There will be 4 months worth of weekly questions.

There will be SOTM questions.

There are 18-20 preseason questions.

That's it.  The rest is just like the fine print in a commercial.

To Kelli and those joining us for the first time, don't let the first post frighten you.  Basically the game is, 

Choose your top 15, predict their gross.

Choose your top 10 WW films

Choose your top domestic weekends

Top international weekends

Choose your 5 lowest grossing films.

There will be 4 months worth of weekly questions.

There will be SOTM questions.

There are 18-20 preseason questions.

That's it.  The rest is just like the fine print in a commercial.

So when you say domestic weekends and international weekends, do you mean you want us to give the combined number or what opening weekend films will be the highest?

And all movies we're using are from May 1st - August 14th right?