baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

I've been known to be disappointed... sometimes.

Well if people answer yes to both we both have to give the films at least 8.5/10

• Like 2

So do all WW OW start with DOM? Say a movie open OS 3 weeks before DOM does that still mean DOM+OS 3rd wknd? Or is that just for AOU?

Neo. Reread what is being asked. We are not predicting WW OW's. Just total WW weekends. B is only being explicit for AOU because it opens internationally before the game starts. !!!

• Like 1

If u read the questions and all the print that comes before hand you will have your answer.

Wait

Then that means Jurassic World does count

Uh okay

Thanks for that clarification. Now I might say no to that question.

Yeah, I think Baumer will give JW a 7.5. Just a feeling

I feel like I have a hard time figuring out what's in WIDE release and what's in Limited release (in regarding the top 5 lowest Domestic releases). Also, you say we're judging movies based on from May 1st - August 14th, so if a movie comes out on August 14 then it's still fair game right?

Kelli

I will have a list of all films that qualify as wide. Im just waiting about another week before I proceed.

BTw your cookies sound delicious

• Like 3

Kelli

I will have a list of all films that qualify as wide. Im just waiting about another week before I proceed.

BTw your cookies sound delicious

Okay! I'll have my rough draft up for now.

Would it make it easier for you Baumer if we put the preseason questions you just posted with our other one or make a new comment for it?

• Like 1

What I was asking is does the Avengers WW opening (for the sake of international flair #2) count as its DOM opening plus its OS numbers for that weekend.

For WW, opening weekend does not matter it is just the biggest 3 day figures from around the world. So if Inside out grosses as follows:

Week 1: 0 Dom 45 OS

Week 2: 75 Dom  35 OS

Week 3 40 Dom  30 OS

Week 4 25 Dom  175 OS

Then Week 4 will be it's highest WW weekend and the one that counts towards the game. It doesn't matter that it was not the Opening week either overseas or domestic, it was just the highest grossing week.

So if 200M is a big enough WW weekend to make the top 5, then Inside Out would make the list.

The Avengers Clarification is because there is half a chance that Ultron's biggest weekend could be April 24-26 (it won't be but it could be), if that were the case it would not count towards the game as its before May 1.

THe Only thing that Ultron's April 22-30th International gross affects is your WW total gross predictions.

For WW, opening weekend does not matter it is just the biggest 3 day figures from around the world. So if Inside out grosses as follows:

Week 1: 0 Dom 45 OS

Week 2: 75 Dom  35 OS

Week 3 40 Dom  30 OS

Week 4 25 Dom  175 OS

Then Week 4 will be it's highest WW weekend and the one that counts towards the game. It doesn't matter that it was not the Opening week either overseas or domestic, it was just the highest grossing week.

So if 200M is a big enough WW weekend to make the top 5, then Inside Out would make the list.

The Avengers Clarification is because there is half a chance that Ultron's biggest weekend could be April 24-26 (it won't be but it could be), if that were the case it would not count towards the game as its before May 1.

THe Only thing that Ultron's April 22-30th International gross affects is your WW total gross predictions.

Would be less confusing if it was WW OW.

Not right, if OS counts before May 1 then WW weekends should be WW OW and count wknd of April 22 for AOU. Should be OS OW (22-24?; starts on Wednesday?)+DOM OW.

Not right, if OS counts before May 1 then WW weekends should be WW OW and count wknd of April 22 for AOU. Should be OS OW (22-24?; starts on Wednesday?)+DOM OW.

Neo - I didn't realize this was your game. Baumer set the rules and you play by them, don't see what the problem is.

• Like 1

And truly it makes great sense. Baumer is being generous by allowing us to count the entire gross - even though it releases overseas before the game starts. The WW weekends is for during the game period I don't understand what you have a problem with??

I've got a question, baumer you said that it's our responsibility to figure out the timezone conversions for deadlines. But you haven't said what time zone you yourself are in / are referring to with the deadline. (America is split into two different timezones right?)

Also re: preseason questions -

9) How is "action" film being defined? Lots of films have action but may not be action films :)

13) Does minions count as a sequel? Since it's a 'spinoff' not a direct sequel.

Edited by treeroy