CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Y'all need to watch TASM2 deleted scenes, they cut out. A MAJOR plot twist, I'm laughing hysterically right now

I already saw them. Are you talking about his father being alive and the "With great power comes great responsibility" stuff?

I also own TASM1 and TASM2 on Blu-ray. Why? Because I am that stupid. 

Ahem... Please don't use that word.

Into the Storm is pretty bad outside of a couple cool moments

Into the Storm isn't good by any means, but it was quite enjoyable and great to watch on the big scren in a movie theatre.
  • Like 1

Are we allowed to talk about random shit in the weekend threads again? because man, have I got some pictures of finnish pizzas to show you guys.

One last ride buddy. Enjoy it.

I hope nobody goes batshit crazy. I am kinda doing this on my own here so Tele and WB will probably contact me soon to fire me. But as long as I don't receive the PM with that info, I am still the law.

Edited by CJohn

One last ride buddy. Enjoy it.

But I hope nobody abuses it. I am kinda doing this on my own here so Tele and WB will probably contact me soon to fire me. But as long as I don't receive the PM with that info, I am still the law.

screen-shot-2014-07-28-at-1-47-12-am.png

I watched TASM2 for the first time recently and I couldn't believe how bad Dane DeHaan's character was. The writing was abysmal and the performance wasn't much better. Much worse than the Jamie Foxx stuff

Why didn't you guys warn me

I won't fully buy in until/if Ant-Man becomes a huge success

I don't think Ant-Man has to have to become a 'huge' success, as long as it doesn't end in the red the MCU is still 'proven' to a degree to me.

Some details especially around Ant-Man let me doubt a bit it's importance for now, but I stay open minded till I have seen it and some other future input.

It seems also to offer the ~ possibility for certain groups of people to snub it out of principles, or to be 'in' for dislikeing it. Doesn't mean that can not change via advertising and other things, only an actual impression via posts and tweets,... in the net.

That includes certain 'pro-'reviewers too. To counteract that alone will need a lot of ~ reputation based good will or ... (missing buzz motors, instead buzz killiers)

Beside that:

10 movies released, average over $716m.

Except the only movie co-produced with another studio and ~ old cader influence (= IHulk) all movies ended comfortably in the profit zone.

I do not know any other movie series (or studio) that made compareable numbers in such a short time or at all.

GotG as a part 1 movie's massive success was IMHO also based on a ~ hunger for a new space opera (nearly all pople I know watched it based on that detail and not for being part of the MCU, the most were not even aware about that beforehand and according to GA's reaction after the cinema even afterwards a lot were not aware of that).

I really do not see that movies results as the new normal / standard.

Thor 1 worldwide (~$450m) is still IMHO impressive, even more so IM 1 worldwide (~$585m)

CA 1 was less good moneywise, but it had a - for the worldwide audience - partly less then appealing story / way to tell the story.

Characters already introduced before Avengers... and the Avengers caused popularity of those,, and based on that and evolved story details for e.g. CA 2....  have IMHO nothing to do with BO expectations for never seen before new character's based movie without the benefit of the hungry for space opera audience. If it will offer something for a another way inclined audience... we will have to wait and see the advertising, WOM....

So depending on Avengers 2 success, a possible mid or after credit scene and the advertising campain I expect them to increase strongly after the Avengers release... the ww finals can be huge. As in way huge.

But not written in stone and see above not a prove for anything if it's not happening like some seem to expect out of the 'new normal'. as a must for 'proving' the MCU, as the characters are - as far as I know - not part of the Avengers 2 main story (if they even get a scene, also not written in stone)

Another detail is the really not good exchange rate... I am pretty sure a lot of ~ 'nay-sayers' will then 'conveniently' forget to include that 'little' detail in their comparisons.

A lot depends on WOM, as far as I know the most here consider e.g. Thor 2 as not so good.

Are you aware about 2013 Thor 2 was making ww more than 2010 IM 2 beside IM 2 made over $100m more in the US?

Thor 2 followed Avengers, had a lead of Avengers as the title giver, was already introduced twice in a way, has in Europe lots of GA familiar to a degree with the character (at least with the names and some Asgardian basics), as the Marvel comics are based on our ~ Nothern Myths.

Ant-Man... nope, nothing of that.

• Like 1

I watched TASM2 for the first time recently and I couldn't believe how bad Dane DeHaan's character was. The writing was abysmal and the performance wasn't much better. Much worse than the Jamie Foxx stuff

:qotd:

• Like 5

I thought DeHaan was kinda good :ph34r:

Like as the movie went on and he got more deranged, he became one of the highlights of the movie

• Like 2

Like as the movie went on and he got more deranged, he became one of the highlights of the movie

BEAT YA!

tumblr_nbts7nBmK21tlcevno2_500.gif

I just wanna say that a couple weeks ago Vin posted a picture on his facebook of him and Mark Zuckerberg with the caption "visionaries:". I know he probably has a team who does his social media stuff, but I like to think that one was all him.

Zuckerberg posted the pic too and said how much he loves Vin and that he personally does his own facebook which is why he is so awesome. 

Vin does seem like the guy who would upload 10 year old photos of himself every week haha

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 2

I agree that DeHaan was one of the best things about the movie. It sucks that his acting career his pretty much dead after the failure of TASM2. 

It was honestly hard to watch. Didn't buy it at all