CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Just switch Max and Pan. Max is counterprogramming anyway, I doubt WB has high hopes for it.

It probably should move to December, but at this point, I've seen the marketing at every PG-rated movie since NATM3, oversaturation isn't wanted definitely

Move Pan to October 9th... Gravity has shown WB will release something major during the fall. Disney even had a big tentpole scheduled for October until a month or so ago (Jungle Book). October is far enough away from Spectre, Mockingjay, Peanuts, Good Dinosaur, Star Wars, etc... that it'll be able to stand its own.

June 26th would be a good date, also. Max really had no reason to move out of August. Underdogs will likely get postponed again  :lol:

Pan seems poised to become the bomb of summer 2015 in its current spot. 

aou has way more competition than f7.. mad max, pitch perfect, tomorrowland, san andreas vs just paul blart and unfriended

San Andreas will bomb. Mad Max will be like battleship'd by the avengers sequel.

San Andreas will bomb. Mad Max will be like battleship'd by the avengers sequel.

San Andreas will do fine. General Audience loves big budget destruction movies like that and The Rock is a draw.

• Like 1

Move Pan to October 9th... Gravity has shown WB will release something major during the fall. Disney even had a big tentpole scheduled for October until a month or so ago (Jungle Book). October is far enough away from Spectre, Mockingjay, Peanuts, Good Dinosaur, Star Wars, etc... that it'll be able to stand its own.

June 26th would be a good date, also. Max really had no reason to move out of August. Underdogs will likely get postponed again :lol:

Pan seems poised to become the bomb of summer 2015 in its current spot.

But that's only a week before Goosebumps.

Mad Max will do fine, its not necessarily targeting the same audience as the Avengers, its R-rated after all.

And speaking of Battleship, how does shit like that bomb and Transformers doesn't?  Saw it not too long ago, it was hysterical fun and not annoying as shit like Bayformers.

Mad Max will do fine, its not necessarily targeting the same audience as the Avengers, its R-rated after all.

And speaking of Battleship, how does shit like that bomb and Transformers doesn't?  Saw it not too long ago, it was hysterical fun and not annoying as shit like Bayformers.

to quote Ethan to save him some time from typing

because Transformers is the best movie ever and the most perfect movie of all time

And speaking of Battleship, how does shit like that bomb and Transformers doesn't? Saw it not too long ago, it was hysterical fun and not annoying as shit like Bayformers.

Pan is a holiday movie imo. Just has a holiday feel. Idk, idrc care where they put it.

It should come out at Christmas, I agree, but inexplicably, WB moved Point Break to Christmas, not Pan.

Well this is a surprise.  This is the biggest OW I've missed since NM.

Any word from Rth on Saturday trends?

Not yet. I wondered where you were on the weekend of this big opener.

TRANSFORMERS is way better than BATTLESHIP.

Battleship is consistent tonally, it doesn't feel like 5 different movies shoved together, it doesn't pander to everyone possible, theres no stupid low low low brow Bay humor, and story wise its streamlined enough where you kinda understand what the hell is happening and who the characters are and why they're in the movie... its not just a bunch of incoherent nonsense with a bunch of shit thrown up on the screen.  Its a VERY simplistic and remarkably dumb movie, but at least it gets absolute basics like that right.  It also gets points for unintentionally having me in tears laughing so hard quite a few times.

• Like 2

While Battleship was rubbish, it isn't quite as terrible, overlong, stupid, infantile and offensive as Transformers. Not to mention that the action scenes are actually watchable, as in I understood what was happening. In Transformers it's just lots of shots of things smashing together and you have no idea what on earth is going on. It was like a half-decently directed Transformers movie; at one point I literally thought to myself, "This is what Transformers would be like if Michael Bay had the ability to direct a film".

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

Battleship is consistent tonally, it doesn't feel like 5 different movies shoved together, it doesn't pander to everyone possible, theres no stupid low low low brow Bay humor, and story wise its streamlined enough where you kinda understand what the hell is happening and who the characters are and why they're in the movie... its not just a bunch of incoherent nonsense with a bunch of shit thrown up on the screen. Its a VERY simplistic and remarkably dumb movie, but at least it gets absolute basics like that right. It also gets points for unintentionally having me in tears laughing so hard quite a few times.

You obviously have never watched Transformers

• Like 1