CJohn

Weekend Estimates: TLR - 13.5M; Furious 7 - 60.5M; Home - 19M [F7 - 63M OD in China!]

eh. it doesn't even look like a contender for top 50 worst weekend threads to me. pretty standard franchise wars and "aint what they used to be" stuff.

I do sincerely wonder whether I'm just getting older when I go on those rants.

I'm 30 - am I still meant to be excited by all these kind of films? Perhaps not.

Edited by Hatebox

Not really the point. Just because people are butthurt it doesn't mean his opinions are wrong. For example, I have one of the most distinct and unpopular tastes in movies around. So what? I should shut up just because people don't agree with me?

No one's opinions are "wrong", practically by definition. We all have our own opinions about things. However, it's quite possible to express those opinions without going after someone else.

Moderation directed towards everyone:

In terms of thread disruption, you guys have all been here awhile. You know we allow a little leeway initially... but you can't just come into a derailed discussion later and pile on top of things. Please, take a moment just to use common sense, and take another moment before posting to consider whether you're posting angrily or not.

• Like 3

All comments about this recent argument of opinion ps is being moved into the CC Thread. Any more talk of it, please go there. I really don't want to keep having to move comments around since it's a pain. Thank you.

Let's get back on track please.

• Like 2

You said "I despise the current trends of blockbusters." How is that not talking about tentpoles?

Blockbusters as in films that become blockbusters. That can be a 300M budget film or a 30M.

So does Fast Seven look likely to beat Potter worldwide and become the number four film ever? I'm not great with international numbers. Seems like an additional 541 million wouldn't be TOO hard if it does 100 more domestic (at least). 

Edited by cmasterclay
  • Like 1

So does Fast Seven look likely to beat Potter worldwide and become the number four film ever? I'm not great with international numbers. Seems like an additional 541 million wouldn't be TOO hard if it does 100 more domestic (at least). 

I doubt it. I think it will cross $1.1bn just. But I am terrible at reading OS numbers.

150M more from China+100M DOM means around 300M.

I think 1.2B-ish is where it's headed, but who knows at this point. Competition is non-existent so it might hold much better than that

Want to apologize for bringing up what I said about Futurist earlier which seems to have been deleted. Those who didn't see it I won't repeat it, but I brought up something he apologized for two years ago and it was poor form of me to bring it up when he's shown remorse for it since then. It won't happen again, but again, I'm sorry.

• Like 1