Blankments

War Dogs | August 19, 2016 | Miles Teller and Jonah Hill | From The Director of The Hangover Trilogy | First Trailer on Page 1!

This looks like it had the potential to be a sharp comedy that served as a commentary on something important, but instead they turned it into a Todd Phillips bro movie. Love the cast, think it's an interesting concept to make a movie about....loathe the director. 

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

This looks like it had the potential to be a sharp comedy that served as a commentary on something important, but instead they turned it into a Todd Phillips bro movie. Love the cast, think it's an interesting concept to make a movie about....loathe the director. 

If what Gopher said is true, it may actually be what you wanted - and they're probably marketing it as a Todd Phillips dude bro movie just to get tickets. Could be another situation where audiences went in expecting a different movie than they got, and it hampers WOM, a la Drive, Contagion, Hail Caesar!, etc.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, kowhite said:

So which is better?  Fat Jonah or not so fat Jonah?

Joking aside, He looks enormous in this movie, he kinda lost some weight in recent films but being THAT fat is never good for your health.

Edited by The Futurist

I have many refugee friends from the middle east and cannot bring myself to smile everytime a trailer for this thing comes on. Whats happening there is horrifying. These are people. Their suffering is not comedy material. Jonah's "let me through, I'm an American" line is revolting.

And if it's meant as satire then they've done a horrible job.

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I desperately want this to fail hard. It legitimately looks like the douchiest film of all time. Surprised Snyder or Bay didn't direct. 

It's a Todd Phillips movie. Man has practically made his name as being a master of "bro" comedies.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

This is getting one screen everywhere around me. Seems like WB isn't that confident in it connecting with audiences.

Huh, that's odd...it's getting 2 screens at my local theater with only 12 screens.  So is Kubo.  Ben-Hur only has one screen, even with 3D.

• Like 1