Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

atm I'm going with 95-100, see how it goes, i was relucted to have high end 100 , early i was thinking just over 90

I had to check the profile on this.

• Like 3

So looks like it's going to happen again. Media reports lowball by as much as $15m for an Avengers opening day. They should just give up and stop trying to project these numbers so early in the day.

The problem is that numbers this early in the say are still in flux.

A simple 10% change by the end of the night, which can happen to many films, is worth $10M here.

It happen to all films, and all projections, the problem is that Avengers deals in numbers that no other film does.

So did Jurassic World open already?

Joke aside, massive numbers, thanks RTH.

Still can't believe, how a "simple" board user with insight at certain numbers can be so much better than all the others, calling themselves experts and journalists.

The problem is that numbers this early in the say are still in flux.

A simple 10% change by the end of the night, which can happen to many films, is worth $10M here.

It happen to all films, and all projections, the problem is that Avengers deals in numbers that no other film does.

10% is 20m here, even worse

Sam, current excitement level is probably only 10% what the excitement level was when Rth dropped the hammer down with 80M OD for TA1. :D Now, hopefully he confirms 100M OD after west coast overperforms.  :D  

• Like 3

i've been around for more than a year and rth has always been very close to other sources, this is the first time it's different

Um no its not. 

• Like 1

So did Jurassic World open already?

Joke aside, massive numbers, thanks RTH.

Still can't believe, how a "simple" board user with insight at certain numbers can be so much better than all the others, calling themselves experts and journalists.

It is because he has the raw data and understands how to extrapolate it. The sources at the studios that feed the media do not understand how to extrapolate from the data they receive.

It is because he has the raw data and understands how to extrapolate it. The sources at the studios that feed the media do not understand how to extrapolate from the data they receive.

Oh, I'm pretty sure most of those experts have access to raw data, too.

They just don't bother to become great in reading them, but that is what reporters are all about nowadays...