Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

This is box office history for the newer folks.

TA opening weekend was special as it destroyed the opening weekend record 10 years to the date Spider Man 1 did.

Obviously.

Breaking the OW record is always an event that brings me back here simply because I need to witness it. It only happens once every three years on average.

AoU will make more tonight than half the marvel films leading up to it made in their OW.

If you think about it, last year, so many summer/superhero tentpole movies couldn't seem to get away from that 90 million OW bracket (remember, Cap 2, Godzilla, GOTG and so forth) Now, AOU comes along, and does this feat in one night!

I still think it's going to be a struggle to match the first film. Just not feeling the overwhelming enthusiasm for it this time.

OW or total.

OW is done due, total is 

I still think it's going to be a struggle to match the first film. Just not feeling the overwhelming enthusiasm for it this time.

I highly doubt it's gonna match TA. I mean that had a 3x multi, which is incredible legs following the biggest OW of all time.

So our COO told our District Manager and the DM for Waco that he wants to see who can have higher attendance all weekend.

So of course our DM flies down and is here now. We've added like 4 shows tonight and 4 in the morning. Will probably add a lot more.

We're up to 3054 now.

• Like 7

So our COO told our District Manager and the DM for Waco that he wants to see who can have higher attendance all weekend.

So of course our DM flies down and is here now. We've added like 4 shows tonight and 4 in the morning. Will probably add a lot more.

We're up to 3054 now.

3054 shows. Shit!

• Like 1

Attack of the family audiences tomorrow

10-11am shows filling up nicely for tomorrow morning.

I think Sat late night will see a drop off, but huge day tomorrow as well. 

Sometimes fanboys are the worst. Having a younger Parker makes for a potentially more interesting dynamic with the rest of the team, especially the big 4.

Yeah, tell me about it. The latest Daredevil show didn't have Matt in his comic book costume until the last episode, and I personally thinks it looks horrible, I preferred the black ninja outfit more. But, the fanboys are like, if it's not like the comics, then blah!!!!!!!

I'm like, some things in comics will not register right with the general audience. Like the whole thing with Loki turning into a mare and giving birth to an 8 legged horse. Steve Rogers falling in love and marrying Peggy's niece (they looked like they toyed with the idea in Cap 2, but since this new movie came out, sounds like they are shutting the door on any potential love interest for Cap from here on out.)