Plain Old Tele

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Preview percentage of opening day:

TA1 - $18.7m/$80.81m = 23.14%

IM3 - $15.6m/$68.86m = 22.65%

TA2 - $27.6m/$85m = 32.47%

A lot more frontloaded. On Saturday, TA1 jumped 12% and IM3 jumped 17% from Friday business. With more frontloading this time and the big boxing match Saturday night, it's going to be very difficult for this to match even TA1's 12% jump today.

• Like 3

Furious 7 could still be just one of those freak results we get from time to time.

I still think that several movies will make DH1s position more and more irrelevant by 2018

I still think that several movies will make DH1s position more and more irrelevant by 2018

Oh for sure. I just feel that some people think 'everything has changed' with the success of Furious 7 but we don't know for sure yet if you know what i mean.

So it's going to do some thing like this i guess ?

Thursday : 27.6m$

Friday : 66.3m$ (93m$ / +140%)

Saturday : 68m$ (161m$)

Sunday : 49m$ (210m$)

Sunday drop?

Last night I went to sleep thinking it was 95-100 mil. Now it's at 85 mil? Fuuuucckk. It's not breaking the ow now. Probably headed for 185 mil. I wanted to see a 100 mil od!

I agree that TA1 will probably still keep the record. $200m is still in play though. Just needs an awesome Saturday and excellent Sunday hold (closer to TA1's 18% drop than IM3's 30% drop).

Previews - $27.6m

Friday - $57.4m

Saturday - $63.14m (+10%)

Sunday - $49.25m (-22%)

That would give it a weekend total of $197.39m, which is firmly in Puerto Rico territory. If the movie can jump 10% today from Friday business, Disney would be well within their rights to report $200m Sunday morning and fudge if necessary given everything Paramount has done in recent years.

• Like 1