Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Yep, 185-190 mill shows massive fatigue lol

This sentiment is strange (not speaking only to you B ). The first film opened to 207M and was pretty well received.  We've got 3 years of inflation/goodwill buildup, and yet this may end up falling quite a bit short on the OW, a period where sequels tend to increase (I'd hold off on that being conclusive till tomorrow of course).  

We know that there has been no shortage of either superhero films or Marvel films in recent years, so given this weekend's performance WHY can't we acknowledge that some degree of fatigue is present, while still keeping in mind that 185-190M is an impressive total?  These two points are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by Spizzer - Manav
  • Like 5

I posted before you apologized.

I appreciate that you did.

I also am a little stunned that even the revised numbers were off.

However if it was easy we'd all be experts.

coolio has been right lately

• Like 1

Someone mentioned earlier this being a SM1/SM2 situation which seems accurate. Which means IW pt1 opens bigger than this, which could also emo dancing Thor. :P

• Like 1

This sentiment is strange (not speaking only to you B ). The first film opened to 207M and was pretty well received.  We've got 3 years of inflation/goodwill buildup, and yet this may end up falling quite a bit short on the OW, a period where sequels tend to increase (I'd hold off on that being conclusive till tomorrow of course).  

We know that there has been no shortage of either superhero films or Marvel films in recent years, so given this weekend's performance WHY can't we acknowledge that some degree of fatigue is present, while still keeping in mind that 185-190M is an impressive total?  These two points are not mutually exclusive.

Fatigue or peak or both ?

That is the question.

Two reboots within 15 years of the first Spidey movie. Mother of God. 

That shit is gonna flop. Complete nonsense what has been happening with Spider-Man. Fucking Sony. If Marvel is putting their coins in Spider-Man for him to be the lead in IW1, they might as well change them to Star-Lord, because this SM won't do very well.

Edited by CJohn

The people who saw TA on OW but not TA2 on OW can't possibly be fatigued though, since those would be people who don't see Superhero movies on OW anyway and only went to TA on OW because it was the first movie of its kind.

That shit is gonna flop. Complete nonsense what has been happening with Spider-Man. Fucking Sony. If Marvel is putting their coins in Spider-Man for him to be the lead in IW1, they might as well change them to Star-Lord, because this SM won't do very well.

Finally someone who speaks English.

1109324d1357854761-honda-d16w9-sale-tumb

The first Avengers bo performance being the peak for ow, second ow and total dom.

Instead of fatigue.

Yeah but I don't see how that dismisses fatigue, just seems like another way of stating it.  Interest for this wasn't as high as for the first one, and fatigue (from superhero/action/MCU or whatever else) was part of the reason why.

The people who saw TA on OW but not TA2 on OW can't possibly be fatigued though, since those would be people who don't see Superhero movies on OW anyway and only went to TA on OW because it was the first movie of its kind.

Yes, but I'm not implying that fatigue is the ONLY factor that there was a drop.  Just that it is one.