Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I am sure AOU wont be as backloaded as the 1st film. Especially with 7PM previews. Its the simple nature of beast.

Anyway we dont have any numbers. Since RTH is confident no 30m, I am thinking the number is quite a bit away from it. He liked 25m but that is not a prediction.

For a 7PM release 25M aint great. Afterall last one did 18m with midnights. Plus the release was saturated and so its not as if people had to watch late shows for this to hit 30m.

I dont think OW record is guaranteed with 25m previews. And I doubt its breaking OD record with that either. All the talk of 70m friday minus previews are setting very high expectations that is improbable.

However 30m previews will put it in good position for OD and OW records.

Keyzer you are right and it seems this will be a backloaded beast.

Even of its less back loaded then im3 and Ta it could do well over 200 million still.

How could you know that?

Look at this way im3 and ta did 11 times their previews.

Even if aou does around 8.5 times that you have the record.

Lol its looking into past.

Its the first weekend of may and its a marvel movie...back loaded weekend have been the norm with larger openers since spiderman 1.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Keyzer you are right and it seems this will be a backloaded beast.

Even of its less back loaded then im3 and Ta it could do well over 200 million still.

He was actually saying it won't be as backloaded as TA1.

For a 7PM release 25M aint great. Afterall last one did 18m with midnights. Plus the release was saturated and so its not as if people had to watch late shows for this to hit 30m.

Not great? That would be pretty much a repeat of what THG-Series did. The first one did 20m with midnights only, while the second one did 25 with previews, still the 2nd best Preview number after BD2.

BD2? Right, the movie, that couldn't top the midnights of Part 1, even though having early shows.