Plain Old Tele

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Why were people expecting 30m for this?

Iron Man 3 did half of that and made 175m OW.

The times of previews being an experience are gone.

No lines, no sell outs, no atmosphere, so why bother going there?

There were lines, sellouts and atmosphere everywhere last night though. (Or are you saying people don't go Thurs night/previews to avoid those things?)

Edited by FTF

There were lines, sellouts and atmosphere everywhere last night though. (Or are you saying people don't go Thurs night/previews to avoid those things?)

There were? Maybe. Everywhere? Maybe not. Any excited users talking about it? News reporting something?

If you start the shows at 7 P.M. there's just too much room to fill every showing, like the big ones used to do when midnights were on.

Why were people expecting 30m for this?

Iron Man 3 did half of that and made 175m OW.

The times of previews being an experience are gone.

No lines, no sell outs, no atmosphere, so why bother going there?

Still can do 30M. One reason is look at TDK-TDKR.

Still can do 30M. One reason is look at TDK-TDKR.

Not compareable. When TDKR opened, Avatar had changed cinema forever and made room for multiple digital screenings.

Something, TDK didn't have in its favour. ;)

58306857.jpg

Nah they really should split it.  In my area, there were 1579 shows between Thursday and Friday, and 504 of them ((31.9%) were ON THURSDAY.  Kind of doesn't make sense to include that in an OD, unfortunately no one is providing splits.  Midnight  are the same issue, but they're still more passable than these 7-10PM Previews.

• Like 1

Not compareable. When TDKR opened, Avatar had changed cinema forever and made room for multiple digital screenings.

Something, TDK didn't have in its favour. ;)

Oh man.

Final sellout count for LA: 68 sellouts (at least) / 748 showtimes.

I wasn't able to check sellouts from 6-10pm. For any shows that sold out prior to then, I have them tracked. If they sold out during that time, I missed it. I'm assuming a healthy number should be added to the 68... maybe 30 more? But it's nothing more than a wild guess. We got the numbers we got.

It's obviously gigantic. At a guess, I'm thinking maybe $33-35m. I wouldn't be surprised if they say HP went down, but I would be surprised if the official number comes in under 30.