Plain Old Tele

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Sorry, but AoU needs to top DH2's OD by more than $10m in order for it not to be a fraud.

More IMO.  At 101M there's no way the midnight + Friday business was on par with DH2's.  Pre-12AM shows probably make up most of that 25Mish

Edited by Spizzer - Manav

Sorry, but AoU needs to top DH2's OD by more than $10m in order for it not to be a fraud.

lol no it doesn't. Like a $90m od and another $200m ow wouldn't be amazing.

• Like 1

Oh man.

What does that mean?

TDK had to sell out 6 AM showings to reach those 18,5m, so you can surely say, it had massive capacity problems. And that's exactly what made the midnights so exciting. You had to fight for your place in the theater, it was something special to be part of it.

Every movie does it now, just accept it.

I think it's fair to accept it, but at the same time acknowledge that the dynamics between then and now are different, so if a comparison is made it must be made with adjustments.

DH2 did $91m in 24 hours. AoU doing $93m in 29 hours does not make it fair.

What does fair have to do with it, it's just the way things are now. No one was crying when TDKR "only" did $31m with only midnights and no 3D. It's just the way things were/are.

Are we going to start another one of these "Thursday night should not be counted in Friday" debates because I thought that was kind of settled upon like two years ago.

Are we going to start another one of these "Thursday night should not be counted in Friday" debates because I thought that was kind of settled upon like two years ago.

It will always come up when someone is not rooting for X movie to do well, etc.

What does that mean?

TDK had to sell out 6 AM showings to reach those 18,5m, so you can surely say, it had massive capacity problems. And that's exactly what made the midnights so exciting. You had to fight for your place in the theater, it was something special to be part of it.

Lets fight so TDKR wins I don't think so. lol