Plain Old Tele

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Using the thursday previews/OW ratio of past Marvel phase two movies (assuming 25m is the number):

IM3 (9%) - 277m

TDW (8.3%) - 300m

TWS (10.7%) - 233m

GOTG (11.9%) - 210m

Obviously the latter two is far more plausible but IM3's low share was impressive considering it's reception. Also note that Guardians was in the middle of summer when thursday previews are generally larger.

Edited by C00k13

How did DH2 manage 43M with only midnight shows? That must have needed basically every screen on every multiplex with almost all showings being sold out.

My theater had showings from 12:01 to 3:00AM. As other movies finished, they were replaced by another showing of HP so by 1-2am, it was the only movie playing at the theater.

Are we going to start another one of these "Thursday night should not be counted in Friday" debates because I thought that was kind of settled upon like two years ago.

It's mood, AOU won't top DH2's OD.

• Like 1

Using the thursday previews/OW ratio of past Marvel phase two movies (assuming 25m is the number):

IM 3 (9%) - 277m

TDW (8.3%) - 300m

TWS (10.7%) - 233m

GOTG (11.9%) - 210m

300M here we come!!!!

IM3 (9%) - 277m

TDW (8.3%) - 300m

TWS (10.7%) - 233m

GOTG (11.9%) - 210m

Obviously the latter two is far more plausible but IM3's low share was impressive considering it's reception.

Excluding TDW marvel movies have gotten progressively more frontloaded, I could see something around, so assuming 25m is the number it should be below that 210m.

So did Rth really just come into the thread, hint at a number then leave without saying anything else? lol harsh

Yup, pretty much. Though we could just be reading too much into it and there really might have not been a hint at all.

I'm thinking $25m as well. Should know within a couple hours.

This year so far has been so exciting box office wise! American Sniper takes Jan Record, Fifty Shades takes Feb Record, March does decent with Cinderella, Home, and Insurgent but definitely no records, Furious 7 puts the year back on track with April record, and now Avengers:AoU!

I know I'm not saying anything new, buts it's fun to reflect.

Excluding TDW marvel movies have gotten progressively more frontloaded, I could see something around, so assuming 25m is the number it should be below that 210m.

Guardians was in the middle of summer as I said though. I'm thinking between Cap and GOTG at this rate.

Edited by C00k13