Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

1. The staff are gonna pay as much attention to this thread as possible. Firstly, so that we can update any early numbers that come in as quickly as possible (they will be put in the thread title and first post), and secondly, so we can keep some modicum of sanity as the weekend continues.

2. No totally random off-topic stuff will be allowed. Sure, we expect there will be plenty of side discussions and digressions that happen, but they should at least pertain somewhat to the topic at hand: Marvel, movies, etc. If we end up with pages on pages talking about Finnish pizza, that stuff's gonna get moved to the CC. Also, if someone pops into the thread and just out of nowhere posts something un-related to any discussion that's happening, that will also get moved to the CC.

3. It's to be expected that there'll be some back-and-forth and some fun to be had, but the forum rules still apply. No personal attacks. No wild trolling. Despite letting the weekend thread be a bit more than just numbers, we're not gonna let it turn into a flame-war.

3e3.jpg

Just kidding, lol. :lol: Unless, of course, whatever off-topic conversation is fun and one of us goes in the zone.

Suuuuuugaaaarrrr

Yes please.

Lay your numbers down on me.

Cause I need,

A little early midnight number.

Fucking hate that song, God damn Adam Levine. Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

I'll be honest -- I'll be a bit surprised if it comes in under $30m. It was just so massive here in SoCal... though I suppose this area might've over-performed. For example, though, CF did $25m and around here had 45 sellouts and 500-ish showtimes. TA2 had 68+ sellouts and 750-ish showtimes.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

I'll be honest -- I'll be a bit surprised if it comes in under $30m. It was just so massive here in SoCal... though I suppose this area might've over-performed. For example, though, CF did $25m and around here had 45 sellouts and 500-ish showtimes. TA2 had 68+ sellouts and 750-ish showtimes.

Same here, sellouts were big last night here in NYC.

If this doesn't make 30M+, then NOTHING WILL.

• Like 1

40m previews locked.

• Like 1

Same here, sellouts were big last night here in NYC.

If this doesn't make 30M+, then NOTHING WILL.

BD2 made it and it was in 2D and DH2 obliterated that number and it didn't need to cheat it's way there. :P #Myfranchiseisbetterthanyours

I hope this movie bombs; Disney made a huge mistake in not attaching Star Wars to every show

I don't know how much the rest of you know about geek culture, but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in the mainstream consciousness where you can become successful just by making a decent movie. If you screw someone over in geekdom, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. 

What this means is the geek public, after seeing the film and NOT getting the Star Wars trailer, is not going to want to see a new Marvel movie ever again, or heck, maybe never even a Disney movie again. This is HUGE. You can laugh at this post if you want, but I swear, I might never see a Disney film again after this betrayal.

Disney, move Star Wars up to May 8 or you can kiss my money goodbye.

The Star Wars Episode VII trailer is online lol... calm down. And tbh, I'd rather see no trailers in theaters so Episode VII isn't spoiled for me. 

It's 7.5 months away... I'm sure Disney is waiting for Tomorrowland or Inside Out or even Ant-Man (films that could use the extra boost) to start releasing the trailer nationwide.

I do agree that Disney really screwed up not having VII trailers attached to every pre-VII release of theirs from Avengers 2 until Good Dinosaur. And other major releases (Jurassic World, Ted 2 since a lot of nerds like MacFarlane, Terminator, Pixels, MI5, Fantastic Four, Hotel Transylvania 2, Maze Runner 2, Pan, Goosebumps, Spectre, Peanuts, Mockingjay Part 2, The Martian)