Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I want something of a sizable drop because maybe, just maybe it'll prompt Marvel to change some things. They're headed in the wrong direction in my opinion. 

TA2 is going to be monstrously profitable for them. I don't think they will take that as a sign they need to change anything.

I posted this the other day, but I think us people on here at a box office site fundamentally sometimes don't understand how alot of people watch movies. For alot of people, if you miss it at the time you would normally watch it, you don't just go find another time to see it. People are busy. Most people set aside Saturday night to go see a movie with some buddies or a date with dinner. It's not a part of their souls like it is for us and here (and probably alot of the people we hang out with). It's just an activity you do on a Saturday night. And if it gets bumped because you're going to a fight party, maybe you don't watch it till next weekend. I'm not going to argue again that I think the fight audience is gonna be big enough to chop off one or two million tonight- I've made that clear- but using yourself, who has already seen a movie twice in the day it has been out, as an example for how casual people watch movies is just dead wrong. 

Thank you cmasterclay. Not all of us spend our weekend watching a movie twice. And i'd rather make a lot of money on a fight rather than spending money on a movie that I can watch for cheap/free in a few months.

• Like 3

I wonder what BKB is gonna do when he sees that number. 

He will say this will behave like kiddie flick and increase to 100m on saturday. Or he will say it will do at least 10m per day till labor day( he said back in 2007 that SM3 would do at least 1M per day till labor day :-).

But he will also rationally say this is still a big number. No doubt about that.

But disney is definitely killing this goose by releasing too many CBM and not leaving enough gap to build anticipation. We will see Cap America for 3rd time next year in 3 years. That is why I think CW wont have impressive numbers like what lots of folks believe( > IM3).

I want something of a sizable drop because maybe, just maybe it'll prompt Marvel to change some things. They're headed in the wrong direction in my opinion. 

Wrong direction? I swear! people can't really be this stupid right?

Edited by FrozenBuff

Read what cmasterclay wrote in response. Sums up all I want to say. Nice job making yourself look silly though.

Nah, I stick by what I think. If people want to see the movie, they'll make time to see it. The fight has little impact if any on the OW of Avengers 2.

I wish they were too my friend. But Hollywood knows that the inflation of the ticket price makes the new records look more impressive when they happen.

So we re two to think that.

That s a start I guess.

It fucking annoys that we really can t tell which movie has been the more seen by people.

BO in France is in attendance so we can compare figures with movies from the 40's, 50's, 60's and so on ...