Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Not just the fight. Spurs playoff game too.

Doesn't the fight has far more hype than that? I mean, people are talking about the damn thing over here. Never before I have seen people talking about boxing.

Doesn't the fight has far more hype than that? I mean, people are talking about the damn thing over here. Never before I have seen people talking about boxing.

Boner lives in Texas where San Antonio has a big fanbase. Also the game is earlier than the fight.

• Like 2

Not just the fight. Spurs playoff game too.

No one cares about Game 7 of an NBA playoff first round series. It's the Super Fight that's going do the damage.

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 1

The fight is a big deal nationwide, but in the San Antonio area I would guess a Spurs playoff game is a much bigger deal for the average citizen there. 

• Like 1

Boner lives in Texas where San Antonio has a big fanbase. Also the game is earlier than the fight.

Yeah, but this game doesn't happen every year? I never heard about his impact until this weekend.

Yeah, but this game doesn't happen every year? I never heard about his impact until this weekend.

Well depends on the outcome of whether the Spurs steamroll their way through playoffs or not.

The Spurs are bound to decline soon, so they gotta cherish these playoff moments. This might be the last year they can make a serious run for years to come

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

No, the matchups are different every year.  Spurs and Clippers are championship-level marquee teams that unfortunately matched up in the first round.  Typically this kind of matchup occurs in the Conference Finals in late May, but the Western Conference is incredibly deep this year (and SAS had injuries across the board so they're seeding was less than ideal), so this is probably the most competitive/high-profile first round game 7 in recent memory, if not ever.

• Like 1

No, the matchups are different every year.  Spurs and Clippers are championship-level marquee teams that unfortunately matched up in the first round.  Typically this kind of matchup occurs in the Conference Finals in late May, but the Western Conference is incredibly deep this year (and SAS had injuries across the board so they're seeding was less than ideal), so this is probably the most competitive/high-profile first round game 7 in recent memory, if not ever.

Thanks for the explanation.

In San Antonio and South Texas? Guaran-damn-tee you they care more about the Spurs game. 

But if it is just those 2 places then the overall numbers for Saturday will be fine.

But if it is just those 2 places then the overall numbers for Saturday will be fine.

They'll be "fine" no matter what, but I don't think it's going to have some epic 20% increase from Friday business either. Probably will come in around $60m, which is just fine but people will melt down over it. 

They'll be "fine" no matter what, but I don't think it's going to have some epic 20% increase from Friday business either. Probably will come in around $60m, which is just fine but people will melt down over it. 

$60m would be great, IMO. Sorry, but it would be. $57m-$58m is what I'm predicting.