Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I always consider one of the greatest privileges of growing up specifically where I did in America is that there was a drive-in five minutes away from my house. Still is; will probably hit it up a few times this summer

I'm sure it's freaking packed because Furious 7 and Avengers this weekend

• Like 2

I'll just say again how cool it is that people are insecure enough that they get all "WHAT DO CRITICS KNOW I MAKE UP MY OWN MIND" at a movie critics generally like.

Look, I follow my own rules. Lame critics need not apply. Assholes.

I love the drive in. There are a few here in the Northeast.

I make jokes but WHERE ARE THEY? Edited by RichWS

E, question. Where exactly were any those Clippers fans in the arena lets say 2010? Lol. They weren't around LA wearing purple, right?

Nah. Lakers fans wouldn't dare root for Clippers as long as Kobe is still playing.

• Like 1

It probably won't hit $200m, though, as I definitely see it doing much closer to 63m than 67m. Anyway...better number than expected for sure.

195 * 2.6 = 507

To me...2.6 is the best it can hope to achieve.

Look, I follow my own rules. Lame critics need not apply. Assholes.

I make jokes but WHERE ARE THEY?

There are two near me. They double as swap meets during the day.

It probably won't hit $200m, though, as I definitely see it doing much closer to 63m than 67m. Anyway...better number than expected for sure.

195 * 2.6 = 507

To me...2.6 is the best it can hope to achieve.

I don't know, I have a strange feeling that legs will be better than expected, similar to how Mockingjay Part I had better legs than expected despite a slightly lower opening than expected.

• Like 2

The Spurs are bound to decline soon, so they gotta cherish these playoff moments. This might be the last year they can make a serious run for years to come

That's going to be fun to watch after hearing so many claim the Spurs front office and head coach are smarter than everyone else since they started dominating.....at the exact moment Tim Duncan showed up.    What an amazing coincidence.   Can't wait to bring that up very often in the next few decades as they suddenly aren't any smarter than anyone else without Duncan.

We know that there has been no shortage of either superhero films or Marvel films in recent years, so given this weekend's performance WHY can't we acknowledge that some degree of fatigue is present, while still keeping in mind that 185-190M is an impressive total?  These two points are not mutually exclusive.

I would think it would take more than failing to reach the bars set by a rare perfect box office storm. That's the requirement to not be "superhero fatigue"? Sounds like unreasonable expectations.

It will have an effect on TA2 as others have already supported who are working at movie theaters. Sorry the fight of the decade is happening.

You might find yourself in an interesting position if this is used as an excuse for AoU failing to reach 200m later.   Will you allow that excuse or would you prefer it being blamed on lack of interest for the movie?

Disney doesn't care about even #s/milestones/records as much as other studios. I think it is because they make so much money on things other than movies.

Seems like it.   I know they cared so little they drove me crazy last year not even bothering to report late box office for Cap 2 and GotG.   Doesn't seem a likely candidate for fudging.   They seem to yawn at "milestones".

There are two near me. They double as swap meets during the day.

I've been to the Vineland drive-in twice. Not that great for VFX heavy movies to be honest, but otherwise it is a cool experience. Apparently Johnny Rockets is planning on setting up 200 new drive-ins over the next year or so.

• Like 1

Nah. Lakers fans wouldn't dare root for Clippers as long as Kobe is still playing.

Kobe ain't playin tho, he's chilling on the bench  :ph34r: