Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I think it might be weak like AOU.

Too many characters, the winter soldier side plot will kill the movie.

It's my favorite Marvel graphic novel. I'm shipping it. Shipping it hazard.

So we have a film that will be the second highest OW. It's likely going finish in the top fifteen domestically and top ten WW. And yet some here will be disappointed, which is their right, me I'll choose to live in the real world

• Like 5

I hope to god they don't drop the Bucky plot just to focus on Civil War. That would really suck. :(

I hope it starts with them bringing in Bucky, hopefully they won't go with the whole "who am I" thing and just have him accept his role, and let the movie go on from there.

• Like 1

People love TWS because it was so different from all those other MCU movies. Thriller! Also the badass action scenes. B)

And yet Feige's hands are all over the movie. Do you really think Russos bros got a personal style they carried with and that 'gritty action thriller' vibe was not something Feige and Marvel execs were adamant about and ordered the Russos to execute?

I love how the same people can say that TA2 and Thor 2 are butchered because of Feige's paws meddling the productions and then praise CA2 and GOTG being so great and different even if in both cases Feige has his hands deep on those movies final cut no matter the result.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 3

And yet Feige's hands are all over the movie. Do you really think Russos bros got a personal style they carried with and that 'gritty action thriller' vibe was not something Feige and Marvel execs were adamant about and ordered the Russos to execute?

I love how the same people can say that TA2 and Thor 2 are butchered because of Feige's paws meddling the productions and then praise CA2 and GOTG being so great and different even if in both cases Feige has his hands deep on those movies final cut no matter the result.

I already tried to explain that here but poeple just wouldn t listen.

The thing is we don t know know the exact details.

The only certainty is that Feige is involved very deep in all MCU films, the bad and the good.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

Well naturally people complain when they dislike something and praise it when they do like it. Why would anyone complain about meddling in a film that they enjoyed?

I still thought the Thanos parts were the weakest links in GOTG, but I enjoyed it so much overall that those parts didn't even bother me that much.

Edited by JennaJ

Well naturally people complain when they dislike something and praise it when they do like it. Why would anyone complain about meddling in a film that they enjoyed?

I still thought the Thanos parts were the weakest links in GOTG, but I enjoyed it so much overall that those parts didn't even bother me that much.

That s not what he is saying.

People have a binary vision of MCU films.

When they like one, it is thx to the director.

When they don t, it s of course because of omnipotent Feige...

And the truth is we don t know, we only assume.

• Like 3

When they praise it, it's always because of the genius director with a specific vision.

When they complain, it's always about the evil producer meddling the genius director's vision to bog it down to a generic product.

What they don't understand in the case of MCU, directors are there to spouse and accomodate with Feige's overall vision not the other way around.

So whether it's good or bad, it doesn't fall in a black and white scheme that solely rely on the director(s). The producer is very much responsible of the quality in both cases as he has the final say at every level including the final cut. CA2 is a good movie because Russos executed well Feige's vision of that story. Thor 2 is a bad movie because Alan Taylor failed to accomodate with Feige's vision of that story hence clashing tone issues and uneven editing.

Edit: Futurist already summed that up.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 4

I wonder if the Fight Effect will show itself today and/or next weekend.  Will we see a stronger Sunday as fight fans, who otherwise would've seen AOU last night, rush out to see it today? Or more likely, those Saturday-night-movie/Fight fans go out to see it next weekend, leading to a stronger-than-expected hold for AOU's 2nd weekend?

Right now, everything is conjecture.  Was Saturday weaker than expected due to WOM, franchise fatigue, or because of the fight?  Hard to say just yet.

• Like 1

When they praise it, it's always because of the genius director with a specific vision.

When they complain, it's always about the evil producer meddling the genius director's vision to bog it down to a generic product.

What they don't understand in the case of MCU, directors are there to spouse and accomodate with Feige's overall vision not the other way around.

So whether it's good or bad, it doesn't fall in a black and white scheme that solely rely on the director(s). The producer is very much responsible of the quality in both cases as he has the final say at every level including the final cut. CA2 is a good movie because Russos executed well Feige's vision of that story. Thor 2 is a bad movie because Alan Taylor failed to accomodate with Feige's vision of that story hence clashing tone issues and uneven editing.

Edit: Futurist already summed that up.

I want to print your and Futurist's posts for others to read because the hypocrisy of Marvel/MCU fans is ridiculous and they don't sense it half the time.

Edited by pensivepenguin

That s not what he is saying.

People have a binary vision of MCU films.

When they like one, it is thx to the director.

When they don t, it s of course because of omnipotent Feige...

And the truth is we don t know, we only assume.

Oh I see. 

I think it's natural to want to blame some "outside" force when something disappoints.

IMHO most of the MCU movies suffer from having to serve a "greater purpose", it's just that some get away with it fairly unharmed while others suffer from "sequel-itis" and "setting up future movies syndrome". 

Of course, there are major upsides to being part of a shared universe, but it's a tender balance.

Honestly, I think at some point it'll be better for MCU movies to stay more self-contained. I already hope GOTG2 isn't setting up too much of Infinity War.

Edited by JennaJ