grim22

Tuesday numbers: AOU 13.13M (slightly down)

IF that is true, it sounds like flawed thinking by WB to me.

What is logical reaction to "poor WOM"?    Try and make the next movie more appealing to the audience, right?   The OW proves Supes is one of the most popular characters in the genre.  (especially after SR)    If WB decided to just add another character instead of making a Supes movie more appealing, that's just lazy or stupid.

Understandable point. However, MOS is the first film in DC Universe and they already put a huge effort into making that a good film (it is divisive but it seemed to be a very well thought out film even if it didn't fully deliver). If they tried to make the 2nd more appealing and didn't succeed, a huge amount of momentum would be lost and it would make it that much harder to launch the DC film universe. Adding Batman to the mix mitigates the risk significantly and it is a smart business move. They could have gone another route as you suggested, but it would have bee much more risky and even if they strived to make a sequel more appealing or accessible, what constitutes those things isn't always clearly defined and the film still may have not worked. I would also argue that they tried to make MOS appealing by using The Dark Knight template and people didn't necessarily respond to Superman in that bleak world.

MOS performened poorly when comparing the OW to its total gross. The final number is solid, but the multiple reflected poor WOM. Had it performened better, we'd likely be getting a proper sequel without the addition of Batman.

Poor wom?

MoS sold 3.1mio Blu-Ray only 300k less than GotG and almost the double of IM3.

Age of Adaline is having decent holds.

It's the only movie playing geared towards female movie goers. We should expect it to fall hard this weekend with the premiere of Hot Pursuit, another female driven movie.

MoS is most disliked superhero among my friends.

Not because it's so bad. It is that it seemed to offered so much more. What we got was a dark gloomy superman who was an unlikeable character.

That is why IM3 was whatever but MoS attracts such extreme dislike.

Edited by Lordmandeep

MoS is most disliked superhero among my friends.

Not because it's so bad. It is that it seemed to offered so much more. What we got was a dark gloomy superman who was an unlikeable character.

That is why IM3 was whatever but MoS attracts such extreme dislike.

Yes because IM3 never got extreme dislike.