kayumanggi

ATOMIC BLONDE | 07.28.17 | Focus Features | David Leitch | Charlize Theron, James McAvoy

I don't see it as under performing. It's performing fine for it's 30mil budget but I don't think it's opening is all that interesting. It's not going to be a big box office story to me unless it has great legs. Never thought it had a chance in hell at opening with 40mil. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's more mainstream than their usual output as well, I'm surprised it wasn't released by Gramercy which is their genre subsidary

According to wikipedia it is back to being inactive:

Focus Features label[edit]

In May 2015, Focus Features announced that the Gramercy label has been revived to release action, horror and sci-fi genre films. Its first outing was Insidious: Chapter 3 on June 5, 2015.[1]

As of 2017, it is currently inactive. The last movie with that brand was in april 2016

Even if it was still active, Atomic Blonde fell a bit more Focus Feature (prestige side) than London Has fallen or Ratchet & Clank, could have been one of the 2.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

According to wikipedia it is back to being inactive:

Focus Features label[edit]

In May 2015, Focus Features announced that the Gramercy label has been revived to release action, horror and sci-fi genre films. Its first outing was Insidious: Chapter 3 on June 5, 2015.[1]

As of 2017, it is currently inactive. The last movie with that brand was in april 2016

Even if it was still active, Atomic Blonde fell a bit more Focus Feature (prestige side) than London Has fallen or Ratchet & Clank, could have been one of the 2.

I wonder if they'll revive it for Angel has Fallen or just release under the Focus label

I don't see this having legs. I don't see people as invested here as they were with John Wick. Wick gave us a much simpler story and an easier character to sympathize with as all manner of mayhem took place. Obviously the first film's gross doesn't reflect that, but the second film's gross surely does.

On 7/30/2017 at 1:08 PM, Cochofles said:

That opening is so disheartening; I hope it does sprout sexy legs.

It won't. It's a terrible movie. I bet the crowds hated it.

One of the worst scripts/stories I've ever seen. That's what happens when you leave movie making to stuntmen. And while in John Wick it kinda worked, because the action was the bigger part and the rest was simple as a dog's ass - here there's only a couple action sequences, and the rest is impenetrable mud, suffocating every notion of character, objective or purpose.

Go look at that trailer. THAT is the movie you should have had, lol. I'm so sad for Charlize she ended up in this wreck. She's still a goddess.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

What kind of bodies do you think Hollywood favors in its starlets? 

Her body is perfectly fine as it is, and clearly, it has not hindered her career.

No, I just said her body is mediocre comparing her to other celebs, i shouldnt have said hollywood. I didnt mean you need a great body to have success, i just commented on her looks, she's shaped like a man IMO, but whatever.

• Like 1