kayumanggi

ATOMIC BLONDE | 07.28.17 | Focus Features | David Leitch | Charlize Theron, James McAvoy

Of course charlize will keep getting work. she's a good actress, respected and beautiful. atomic blonde will actually tell if she can open a movie now or not. (Young adult did bad even for an indie, annd Aeox was a bomb)

15 hours ago, trifle said:

Well, Jen, for one thinks Charlize is fantastic.  She was asked about positive role models tonight, and could have picked anyone.

Well, they have a long history together, Charlize "discovered" Jlaw and cast her in her first important feature film, The Burning Plain.

Theron had her say on who would play her as a teenager since she was producing the film.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

On 7/28/2017 at 0:55 AM, Krissykins said:

$20m seems like an ok opening but quite underwhelming. 

I'm sure it'll have good legs throughout the August wasteland (aside from Annabelle 2). 

$20 million opening is a very good number for this type of movie. The budget is only $30 million, so its performing good.

I think we are spoiled by these blockbuster movies that make a $20 mil opening seem underwhelming.

Edited by Mike Branson
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Branson said:

$20 million opening is a very good number for this type of movie. The budget is only $30 million, so its performing good.

I think we are spoiled by these blockbuster movies that make a $20 mil opening seem bad.

This is being released by Focus and their film don't have huge OW. I imagine they'll be pleased with how it's done

Just now, Jonwo said:

This is being released by Focus and their film don't have huge OW. I imagine they'll be pleased with how it's done

Yeah, looking up their BOM page, it looks like AB will slot nicely into their top 3 OW's ever.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?yr=&view=company&view2=allmovies&studio=focus.htm&sort=opengross&order=DESC&p=.htm

I doubt they expected much more, to be honest.

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Yeah, looking up their BOM page, it looks like AB will slot nicely into their top 3 OW's ever.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?yr=&view=company&view2=allmovies&studio=focus.htm&sort=opengross&order=DESC&p=.htm

I doubt they expected much more, to be honest.

It's more mainstream than their usual output as well, I'm surprised it wasn't released by Gramercy which is their genre subsidary

3 minutes ago, Mike Branson said:

Because of this blockbuster age, we have a mindset that any movie opens less than $40 million is underperforming.

This notion is pushed by the media.

At least they aren't like our good buddy Jonathan where anything that opens under 120M is a flop :lol: