Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

Mh, so I checked Arclight numbers with reserved seatings, and while both movies seem to be head to head in the LA-theaters, PP2 is destroying MMFR in Chicago and DC, and I mean it really destroys it.

So I guess we shouldn't believe any early numbers for MMFR, this seems to be much, much bigger on the WC.

Schools in the US close for summer in June? :o

I swear this forum has the school dates discussion every 2 weeks lol.I was done May 5th and dont start again until August 25. My brother whos high school will be done June 3 and will go back around the same. Thats how it is for most of the country. Some areas get out in May, and others dont go back until September, but June-August is the average.

Heres a map of when each state starts. Someone should pin this or something lol:

http://www.islandpacket.com/2015/05/01/3727105_map-school-start-dates-across.html?rh=1

Edited by LeFlop James
  • Like 1

I googled it and apparently when bank holidays were created, it was for banks. But since we no longer live in the 1800s, it's not the same :P everyone is off on bank holidays. Most businesses close.

6 weeks. The time flies by.

But we also have:

- 2 weeks off at Christmas

- 2 weeks off at Easter

- 3 weeks off across the year as half-term holidays

- 5 teacher training days

- 8 bank holidays (usually less than that for schools because they can occur during school holidays)

I'm not sure which of these you guys have.

LOL Thanks for Googling.

At the theater. Its being invaded by white females. Pitch Perfect/Hot Pursuit double whammy. Not just teens buying tickets for PP either but I saw some older ladies as well, maybe 50's.

A good bit of people in MM, mostly couples ( :( ).

Its just matinee so obviously the theater isnt flooding, but ill see how the theater is popping later this evening. I forgot how good this theater is, the screen is humongous and such a steal for $7.50. Good weekend ahead.

Pitch Perfect 2 is not without controversy I see.  I wonder how big this backlash will get or maybe it comes to nothing. I've seen a couple of posts about it on another forum.

Pitch Perfect 2 is not without controversy I see.  I wonder how big this backlash will get or maybe it comes to nothing. I've seen a couple of posts about it on another forum.

What controversy?

What controversy?

Stereotypical/racist jokes with a latina character? Something like that. I haven't seen the movie. I've just seen people commenting on it.

From Deadline: Matinee estimates from both Mad Max: Fury Road and Universal’s Pitch Perfect 2 are right in line with what we have below, at the moment, with the female-driven PP2 holding Mad Max away from the No. 1 spot. It is extremely early right now but PP2 could take in around $20M today with Mad Max behind it, grossing in the mid-to-high teens.

• Like 7