grim22

Monday numbers Rth: Mad Max #1 with 5.3M, PP2 5.21M AoU 3.4M #AnUpsetForTheAges

It does, though. So did Austin Powers after it built up good will on home video. I wasn't using that as a negative term.

Eh... idk diehard fanbase is a term I save for the Marvel/DC/YA fanboys/girls. I mean, we didn't see frontloaded midnights, right? IDK I just don't define that as "diehard" :P

• Like 1

Of course

AwkjIYI.gif

Best thumb acting EVER, Cooper makes plastic baby comes to life. The guy has an Actor s studio degree so I am not surprised.

Also, practical effects > CGI baby.

• Like 9

American Sniper is a giant middle finger to any rational human being who can tell the truth from lies. The tribute to Chris Kyle at the end was one of the most disgusting things I've seen in a film in a long time. 

Don't give a fucking tribute to the real man when you completely whitewashed his character throughout the entire film and made him out to be a contemplative and thoughtful person when in reality he was a fucking lunatic madman that spewed endless amounts of lies.

It's a film fit for people of three categories:

1. People who don't know the history of the war

2. People who have no idea how the real Chris Kyle was

3. 'MURICA'S NUMBER ONE FOX NEWS 4EVA 

• Like 3

Eh... idk diehard fanbase is a term I save for the Marvel/DC/YA fanboys/girls. I mean, we didn't see frontloaded midnights, right? IDK I just don't define that as "diehard" :P

And even AP2 approached a 4x multiplier.

Lack Of Quality??? It's made by the same guy who made the 1st movie.. It was Epic... If there was 1 thing I would've done differently, is made the movie 3 Hours and used ULTRON for the 1st movie and Loki for the TA2..

So the one thing you would have done is changed both epic movies entirely?  

• Like 1

American Sniper is a giant middle finger to any rational human being who can tell the truth from lies. The tribute to Chris Kyle at the end was one of the most disgusting things I've seen in a film in a long time. 

Don't give a fucking tribute to the real man when you completely whitewashed his character throughout the entire film and made him out to be a contemplative and thoughtful person when in reality he was a fucking lunatic madman that spewed endless amounts of lies.

Nope.  Kyle was a good man.  I'm familiar with his family.  And his widow is an amazing woman. 

• Like 2

babe, everyone knows the controversies of American Sniper. the tribute at the end was quite sickening and uncomfortable. but I don't think this is the place to regurgitate all this stuff that's been talked about to death.

The amount of sensitivity surrounding AoU is quite hilarious. The off hand suggestion that the film is doing disappointing numbers has people laughing hysterically that

1. It is a flop

2. Marvel is done

When in fact none of those are being suggested. Its like pressing these people press the panic button and are not able to rationalize what is being said so the standard "haha, its a flop" comes up.

I cant find any other sequel that shed 175M off it's predecessor, so that is one record that AoU has on the lock down. That is until Avatar 2 :P

• Like 2

The amount of sensitivity surrounding AoU is quite hilarious. The off hand suggestion that the film is doing disappointing numbers has people laughing hysterically that

1. It is a flop

2. Marvel is done

When in fact none of those are being suggested. Its like pressing these people press the panic button and are not able to rationalize what is being said so the standard "haha, its a flop" comes up.

I cant find any other sequel that shed 175M off it's predecessor, so that is one record that AoU has on the lock down. That is until Avatar 2 :P

What's funny is that the numbers AOU is going to wind up doing is roughly what most people said was the ceiling for Avengers, given that no Marvel movie had ever done more than roughly 300M. It's Avengers that is the outlier, not AoU. 

• Like 2

What's funny is that the numbers AOU is going to wind up doing is roughly what most people said was the ceiling for Avengers, given that no Marvel movie had ever done more than roughly 300M. It's Avengers that is the outlier, not AoU. 

Yes, yes I remember the 400M max for Avengers.

1. It is a flop

2. Marvel is done

What film has grossed 625 million dollars to compare it to?

It's a 25% drop, that's the perspective you have to use.

• Like 4

I always thought the first avengers would do $600m. I wrote that prediction down on lists years before it's release :P AoU numbers are a bit disappointing, but in the end the film is still insanely successful, I mean it's already crossed the $1b mark.. and it's still going strong.

and Hell Yes for Mad Max #1 monday numbers!  

What film has grossed 625 million dollars to compare it to?

It's a 25% drop, that's the perspective you have to use.

Closer to 30% than 25%. 

But if you play the game of percentages then you'll find many films and its a myopic view to help rationalize the drop.