The Lion King

54 members have voted

1. 1. Rate The Lion King

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I'm probably ignorant for asking this, but what are the Disney's Big 4?

Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast Aladdin?

Yeah, those are the Big 4 of the Renaissance :D All of them are great (even though I haven't seen TLM since I was six.)

• Like 2

Yeah, those are the Big 4 of the Renaissance :D All of them are great (even though I haven't seen TLM since I was six.)

For shame, Blank, for shame :P Yeah, I can see why those are the Big Four. Love love love all of them.
  • Like 1

IMO, Dinosaur and Lilo and Stitch were great movies that should be included in the renaissance period.

No it has nothing to do with the quality of the film, it has to do with the time period the films came out in and the style they're in. Dinosaur and Lilo & Stitch are completely different in tone than the films in the Renaissance, regardless on the quality of film itself.

• Like 2

No it has nothing to do with the quality of the film, it has to do with the time period the films came out in and the style they're in. Dinosaur and Lilo & Stitch are completely different in tone than thethe films in the Renaissance, regardless on the quality of film itself.

Oh thanks for explaining that to me. :)Anyway, The Lion King is easily the best animated film of the 90's.
  • Like 1

My mom had a cat named Simba after seeing this film :PAnyway love this film and the music and voices are great. Seems like after this film the next few animated films were not that good, but I think it was because they had so much pressure after this.A+

No it has nothing to do with the quality of the film, it has to do with the time period the films came out in and the style they're in. Dinosaur and Lilo & Stitch are completely different in tone than the films in the Renaissance, regardless on the quality of film itself.

Yup. The Disney Renaissance is considered to be from The Little Mermaid to Tarzan. As most of the films after that break from the traditional Disney mold of animation musicals (though Tarzan does it through Phil Collins songs and not the actual characters themselves), at least until Tangled.

Great animated film BTW, a classic. A.

Edited by Pokearcher

I must be one of the few people that really dislikes this film.   And I am a huge Disney animation fan.

I didn't really like the music and I hated the characters and it was hugely predictable. 

Did Simba ever take an action on his own free will?  Everything he did was because someone else told him what to do.  Weakest Disney main character ever.

I actually like the direct to DVD sequels better.