The Lion King

54 members have voted

1. 1. Rate The Lion King

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Very good film, but I find it pretty overrated. It has a soft spot because it's one of the films I saw in my childhood, but watching it now, it doesn't hold up as well as the others. There are some truly remarkable scenes in the film. There is no doubting that, but some parts are overly cheesy and rather dull. All in all, though, still a strong and very well made film.B+

• Like 2

My favorite 90s Disney movie. Beauty and the Beast is close, but it just doesn't have the "epic" tone that makes Lion King so unique among animated films. The songs are all great, the voice acting is superb, and the comic relief characters serve purpose to the narrative.

A+

• Like 1

A. I just saw this recently at the local multiplex, and it put a smile on my face to see the large diverse crowd that went to see this, again in the theater. From the little kids, to the teenagers, parents and grandparents, to several couples, groups of friends, it's just a wonderful movie that brings everyone together. The opening scene with that sun rising, and the music of circle of life, it's Disney at it's finest!

BIt always puzzles me why everyone loves this movie. It's nowhere near my favourite Disney movie, I don't like the songs, the story's not that great, the characters aren't that memorable to me. The best thing about it is Jeremy Irons asScar.

I have very fond memories of "The Lion King", it was the first film we took our son with (twice); the music is the best for a Disney film, the story was a bit more earnest than usual with Disney (death playing an important part) but uplifting too, and the artwork was very good. While my favourite Disney film is "Aristocats", "The Lion King" is up there with the classics. A.

A fucking fantastic movie.Up there as one of the best animated films I've seen. The story is layered and epic, the characters are fun and memorable, the songs stay in your head years after watching the movie and the dramatic elements mix brilliantly with the comedic stuff without ever feeling awkward. 

5/5

• Like 2

I often forget how much I love this movie. Rewatched it last night, and it holds up incredibly well as it should. Best of Disney's Big 4. A+

I'm probably ignorant for asking this, but what are the Disney's Big 4?