#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

Ratatouille is a fantastic movie.

Bird was so happy and giddy when he learned that the movie was the number one hit in France in 2007.

He said the movie was his love letter to french culture.

And Tomorrowland had a big french moment too.

Actually no release date has been announced for Incredibles 2, so Bird can make three more movies between now and Incredibles 2 for all we know. ;)

Not with how long it takes to make movies like that.

Bird ain't Spielberg.

Bird's probably hoping he gets an opportunity to direct a Star Wars spinoff film.

I read his Twitter and he keeps rambling about the the near end of original blockbusters.

He even called out a twitter user that was saying the Star Wars trailer was amazing because it was teasing the movie well without revealing anything and Bird responded : " They don t need to show anything, it s Star Wars"

Edited by The Futurist

I read his Twitter and he keeps rambling about the the near end of original blockbusters.

He even called out a twitter user that was saying the Star Wars trailer was amazing because it was teasing the movie well without revealing anything and Bird responded : " They don t need to show anything, it s Star Wars"

That was before Tomorrowland bombed though.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed Tomorrowland myself, but even I realize the marketing for the film was a mess. Good or bad reviews, you still need to get moviegoers excited to go see the film. The marketing for Tomorrowland clearly failed to do that.

The mystery box approach to marketing literally rarely works, and if what I've been told is true, then the people in charge of marketing the film, were not exactly the smartest people in the world.

Edited by Insidearcher

I really enjoyed Tomorrowland myself, but even I realize the marketing for the film was a mess. Good or bad reviews, you still need to get moviegoers excited to go see the film. The marketing for Tomorrowland clearly failed to do that.

The mystery box approach to marketing literally rarely works, and if what I've been told is true, then the people in charge of marketing the film, were not exactly the smartest people in the world.

The trailers for this movie made it pretty clear to me...they had no idea how to sell the movie.

And Ima be honest...I think that's not the marketing folks fault.

• Like 1

The trailers for this movie made it pretty clear to me...they had no idea how to sell the movie.

And Ima be honest...I think that's not the marketing folks fault.

It is and it isn't, depends on how you approach it. Plenty of awful or poorly received non sequel films have opened well thanks to great marketing and advertisement.

Edited by Insidearcher

It's the old -- "Do you want some people to be surprised? Or do you want a lot of people actually in the theater?" conundrum.

• Like 1

"They don't need to show anything, it's Tommorwland"

Words NOBODY said.

Found it.

Brad Bird ‏@BradBirdA113  21 avr.

Voir la traduction

Brad Bird a retweeté Chandler Desrochers

They don't have to. It's Star Wars. Everyone is already sold.

Brad Bird a ajouté,

Chandler Desrochers @YellowCranePr
@BradBirdA113 The marketing for Star Wars is great because they're showing us a lot of cool stuff without showing us anything.

Bird just over-complicated what should have been a simplistic futuristic world

He also targeted the #1 thing most genre fans love nowadays along with a super overcomplicated plot, alienating both the geeks and the kids

It's the old -- "Do you want some people to be surprised? Or do you want a lot of people actually in the theater?" conundrum.

Presumably I'd think studios would want the second of those, but apparently when it came to Tomorrowland that was not the case.